Low fps

Ya, could be :frowning: Maybe that’s why @Trofimowen asked me before for a screenshot of my task manager. If that’s the reason i’ll be grateful to sb. who can help me to fix it :slight_smile:

Some people have reported better performance using the extended support release of Flash Player. Here’s a direct link to the download from Adobe’s website.

This is basically Flash stuck with the v18 feature set but with added security updates until a few days ago. While it lacks new features available in v23 RotMG doesn’t use any of them anyway.

Adobe just announced they won’t be updating ESR releases anymore, even for security updates, but if you only use it for playing RotMG then security-wise you shouldn’t have any concerns.

Thank you very much, using the v18 now I have 40 fps which is better than the previous 20fps…
So that’s the problem, If I use another version could I reach to 60 fps?

It’s worth trying, I guess. I would try versions 14 and 11, if you can find them. 11 is the newest in Linux, and I know it works there, so it should work for you as well. And for 14 I think you’ll need that if you want to use hardware acceleration.

I’ve switched from v23 to v18 around a month ago and can confirm it helps with lag issues.

i heard anything over v20 is just bad.

what exactly is the blob thing?

sorry i meant what difference does hardware acceleration make?

change the flashing of the blob,

on one setting, it doesnt flash when its about to explode the other it does.

ohh that really sucks. it flashes when hardware acceleration is on? i dont usually do avatars so i dont notice (i play with hardware acceleration off)

im not sure which is which, i always play with the default whatever that is

Usually it’s hardware acceleration ON that screws things up, so yeah, default is off. When the feature was first released, I remember tons of glitches that were pretty bad, like enemies not appearing, tombs/sphinx being all funky etc.

@Shatter Turning HW Acceleration off is for some people a help but for some people turning it on will help. I usually turn it on when i am in places with a high ammount of ppl, instead of laggy 20 Frames like in Ptrain i will get 40-60 Frames.

Idk why the hell that happens but all liquids appear as bland colors when my HW is OFF and they appear with their normal, beautiful textures when it is ON. Same for sprite world moving tiles.

Adobe flash player 14 (projector)

Very strange. I’m not an expert but I haven’t heard this before…

Turning hardware acceleration on also changes the drunk status effect from a blurred screen to a “wobbly” one.

The ‘wobbly one’ is super annoying… causes many knight deaths when they can’t hit Oryx with a stun.

Another reason to not use it. though I think it has the potential to be fixed and actually enhance gameplay.

Speaking of which, the /decamenu has been around for a while now, can’t they actually implement it into the game?

yeah, its annoying always haveing the change it by typing decamenu

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.