Lucy's Pet Maxing Guide!

I’ve been fielding some questions about pets lately, and I thought I’d make a handy guide for anyone who needs help. Here’s my recommended maxing guide:

Lucy’s Pet Maxing Guide

I’ve included my abridged opinion on 3rd abilities, info on what to feed, and how to fame farm for pet feeding. Please let me know if there’s anything I should add!

Keep in mind that prices are approximate, especially since the data from the mystery boxes is both sparse, and relies on RNG.

I also made 2 other charts; Divine Cost from Scratch and F2P Pet Maxing. I wouldn’t recommend going either route 100% if you’re going for Divine, but there are lots of (hopefully correct) numbers to play with in there!

ETA: By Uniqourn’s request, Ambrosia Pack vs Mystery Boxes! Using the Ambro MB saves ~28% over using the Ambrosia Decapack.

Wut is wrong with my pet?

-reads-

Wow. Just…wow. :heart:

Awesome stuff, I didn’t get the chance to have a read but did you include anything about which packs to buy if you’re going to spend money? I recall Heromax did some analysis concluding that mystery box rolls were more economical than the ambrosia packs offered; not sure what the optimal route is nowadays. :smile:

Just going to throw my two cents in here having recently achieved obtaining a cheap divine.

I was dedicated to getting divine from the moment pets were released and finally achieved my goal 2 days ago having spent a lot less on pet food than most people with divines (under $300 in the last 4 years and a bit).

Most people will tell you early on the importance of only considering feeding high fp items the higher tiers you achieve and by rare/legendary I see people often only feeding 700+ fp. This principle is completely valid if you want to level your pet in the most fame friendly way but I went about reaching my goal another way.

My journey to Divine was becoming less and less realistic but I soon began feeding the lower tier feed power items I received all the way down to 400fp as my minimum (yes even to my legendary pets). You see, whilst you’ll obtain the higher feed power items on a rather regular basis the ones slightly below in terms of feed power are dropping all over the place. I’d feed candy rings, cswords, captain rings, coral rings, low fp treasures, manor ut’s, expos, incantations ( you name it, i’d feed it.)

Deso, how did you sustain this madness with your fame??

Every week i’d go into the fame train a couple of times and suicide a trickster/rogue (those 2 specifically because high movespeed even when unmaxxed) at 220 fame.

I’d make sure to not:

-Drink any pots
-kill any cubes
-use an ability

Reaching, 220 fame in a fame train takes literally minutes and you get a nice 470-520 fame from each suicide. Do this 10 times a week and thats about 5000 fame. Easy and not that much time spent.

I’m not saying you will definitely reach the divine phase but 90/90 legendary is surprisingly easy these days, especially with all the events Deca are throwing about.

Don’t forget daily calender pet food.

Well yeah but that one is just common sense x)

A better way of doing it:

• Get enemy & slayer of the god
  • Save fame gear items to suicide on

Also, prior to the last update pup skins were 900fp and cost only 1 life each, which was much better value than feeding 400fp in terms of time. Even now for most players it should be more efficient to feed only 650+ fp which you get a lot from ot and chest events.

This is what you’ve been doing instead of playing .io games with me?

@OtherBill :blush::blush:

@Desotroya and @Samcw, I posted a short guide on fame farming near the bottom :slight_smile: I also added SB pet food (farmable), skins, and pet stones. I used minimum and average FP of things I fed for the numbers, but if you look at the F2P sheet you can tweak the numbers to your liking!

@Uniqourn Working on it! I just used ambrosia because I’m lazy. Couldn’t find Heromax’s numbers, but they’re woefully out of date. I have 3 other sets of data that I’m using. If anyone wants to provide more, preferably at least 70 box rolls, PM me!

@Shatter MAYBE.

You asked for it! Ambrosia Pack vs MB

Keep in mind that none of these boxes are currently available. I don’t have any data for the current Super Ambrosia Box.

It looks like the Ambrosia Box is always the best option, but it also has the least concrete data (the rolls DarkDaemon provided didn’t match his totals).
However, if you’re using farmed fame and want to pay yourself a living wage, the Ambrosia Box is better for rare, but the Ambrosia Decapack is better for Legendary and Divine.

I’ll update the charts using the boxes tonight :slight_smile:

Very nice guide.

I just want to correct one thing.

Your pet doesn’t need to be closer to the enemy than you. This is only true for trickster decoys. The pet decoy works in a different way and will always pull shots towards itself, even when it is further away than you.

Oh okay, thank you! I’ve never actually used decoy :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll update tonight.

I disagree. Instead of feeding 1-5 higher fame items a day like the average player, I was consistently feeding between 10-20 daily and sometimes even crazier amounts of 30+ when i’d do a cland or there was an event on.

As for slayer/enemy of gods, yes you should try to have it but don’t force it. Faffing around for even 5 minutes isn’t worth the extra 40 fame.

Daily? Do you mean weekly? But yeah that depends on how much fame farming you do.

You actually get 21% more. Solid 100+ extra fame for only 30sec - 1 min extra work. (turret farming not needed if you are careful with your shots)

Nope, daily. We also agree on trying to get those 2 bonuses so I don’t know why you’re explaining yourself further. I was just pointing out that you shouldn’t mess around with it too long (in scenarios where it’s hard to kill gods with a t0 weapon or you had to kill many lesser minions to level up a bit before tping)

Replaced ambrosias with the Ambrosia mystery box in all charts! There isn’t much data to work with, so prices are very approximate.

10-20 daily!? That’s like 3500+ dead fame. And I thought I trained hard enough…

That’s another reason to save gears to suicide on. An extra ~60 fame and easier time to get god kill bonuses.

Can you provide a video demonstration to back up this claim?

I can agree with him on it, that specific reason is why I say savage is 100 times better as it doesn’t screw up patterns because it feels like it, although I think it values other players over your pet, that I’m not sure of though (source it almost killed me at a forgotten king when it jumped off to the right) or more easily testable while baiting the horrific creation.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.