Macrooooooooooooooos ! :D

Hey there!

Lots of people are like [shocked/stunned/impressed/disgusted] by my macros, and since people asked me to give out that script, I decided to make a really user-friendly script for those sweet macros :blush:

So how does it work :

Itā€™s a simple ahk script that take a hotkey (Numpad9 by default), and depending on the number of times you pressed that button, write a random text.

If you press it once, it will randomly choose a ā€œHeal pleaseā€ text
If you press it twice, it will randomly choose a ā€œThank youā€ text
If you press it thrice, it will randomly choose a ā€œGood Luckā€ text

The hotkey can be modified, and you can add/remove/change text

I made a video showing how it works : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lgOB1gyiRo

The script is on github : https://github.com/wawawawawawawa/macro

Run the .ahk if you have AutoHotkey installed (https://autohotkey.com/download/), otherwise run the .exe (which is the compiled script)

Hope to see some sweet macros in game :smiley:

Cheers,

Wawawa

EDIT : forgot to put that on the video, but if you change anything on the .INI file (in order to change hotkey/text), save the .INI then reload the script so the modifications takes effect :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT2 : oh shoot, since by default it put the texts I use, I forgot thereā€™s that good luck text haha
You may want to change this in the .INI :stuck_out_tongue:
Text7=Come on RNGesus, give me an EP now!

I interested to see it work :slightly_smiling_face:

What do you mean? Itā€™s an open source ahk script on github, it already works :stuck_out_tongue:

It works great!

Not only does it give more options than it did before but now it is as simple as just clicking the .exe program to use it.

Thanks Wawawa for all your hard work! <3

Iā€™m eager to see your customization on it, canā€™t wait to steal some sweet sentences I would have never thought of otherwise xD

Not necessarily sentences, either.

Have you ever gotten tired of pressing spacebar every X seconds? Instead of having the AHK just be used to print out a sentence, you could have it press spacebar every X seconds and stop when you press a certain button.

If anybodyā€™s interested, tag me. Iā€™m kinda busy right now, but Iā€™ll post a tutorial on how to do this. Hereā€™s an example script, which I use to permacloak. It ends operation once I press ESC.

SetTimer, PressTheKey, 100
Return

PressTheKey:
Send, {Space}
Return

Esc::ExitApp

aaaaaaand thatā€™s when you start making harmful stuff such as autoabilitiesā€¦

the goal of this script is to make several macros into one button, what you are talking about is making a hackā€¦

:man_facepalming:

No, no, no.

Instead of pressing space every 6.5 seconds to permacloak, you just have the script press space every 6.5 seconds. Itā€™s the same output, but now you donā€™t have to press space every single time.

Think about it for a while.

yes, thatā€™s what I call a hack. Itā€™s not for nothing hacked clients do the same thingā€¦

itā€™s like, you can script an autonexus in ahk, it doesnā€™t change the fact itā€™s a hack :confused:

I would personally keep it between me and my comrades so deca does not have a reason to consider if itā€™s wrong or not

No, youā€™re getting confused.

Iā€™m using AHK to press a button every X seconds. You canā€™t use AHK to autonexus, because it canā€™t interpret the ROTMG packets without being given access from the server itself. You could run it through the client (projector) itself, but it would be inefficient and would not function.

Pressing a button every X seconds is not the same as using a script to autonexus. If I wanted to permabuff a group as pally, Iā€™d get tired of pressing the spacebar every 7 seconds. This is what the script is made to resolve.

I prefer to be honest and let them know about it.

Also, why not make the community enjoy some sweet macros ? apart if you think itā€™s somehow gamebreaking?

you donā€™t need to have access to packets to make an ahk autonexus, but yeah, it most likely will be less efficient than those preemptive autonexus. And sorry but I donā€™t see the point of explaining how it can be done in ahk, but yeah it can be done for sure.

now about the main part, what Iā€™m trying to explain you is that the coding language used doesnā€™t matter, what matters is what the tool does.

In your case, it makes you not care about when to press ability, which I feel cross a line.
There are other grey areas such as clicking to switch weapon, but I feel that autoability is crossing the line even further than that.

If you have a logitech mouse/keyboard and maybe razer products, you can program macro buttons from LGS/Chroma.

For example, I have 2 of my mouse buttons set to HP/MP pots.

They can do macros too.

So if youā€™re serious about realming and you have a good memory, the logitech G600 has 20 or so macros you could use.

I donā€™t see them as anything. Itā€™s just when a large amount of people are using them deca will have to make sort of deliberation on it so to me I wouldnā€™t spread it publicly but good on you for doing what you feel is just

unauthorized scripts are explicitly stated as bannable, even though I dont think that there are any problems with a script for chat.

(source: https://decagames.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2485097-cheating-or-using-hacking-programs-in-rotmg)
With the script for autocloaking I wouldnt be so sure, as it allowes you to perfectly time your cloaking, which is normally impossible

@moderators thoughts?

I personally draw the line where your character is doing something observably impossible via normal human powers.

Pressing space bar every 6 seconds is something you could do.
Pressing space bar every 0.0001 seconds to super spam an ability is something you could not do.

(The ability spam disconnect thankfully means the 2nd option is now punished)

Disclaimer: I donā€™t play using scripts because I donā€™t want the game to be easier

Back when I was playing I used AHK to spam trades in USW2 and change swapouts for like half a year.

While it may seem ā€œcheatyā€, itā€™s not my fault that DECA doesnā€™t let me just press 1,2,3 etc. to change items
Also pressing Enter > ctrl v > enter for an hour as fast as you can so that your chat bubble isnā€™t hidden was annoying as hell, so I just used a script that did it for me.

Itā€™s not normally impossible; a good rusher knows the timing of his cloak perfectly. I just prefer using an AHK because repeatedly pressing the spacebar eventually cramps up my fingers.

When Iā€™m rushing a Tomb, I still need to be aware of the timing, so itā€™s not like using an AHK eliminates the need for skill either. Besides, AHK isnā€™t an unauthorized script that directly interferes with the game. It just performs a function using macros that Iā€™d normally be doing, and my gameplay isnā€™t affected in anyway.

No.
Without a script youā€™ll probably miss like 0.2 seconds on average even if you are very good with cloak (and far not everyone is). So it gives you like ~20% less visibility time, which is an unfair advantage.