Macrooooooooooooooos ! :D

What about my mouse macros for pressing H and P?

You dont need a macro to press those keys, so it doesnt give you an unfair advantage I guess

So are they against the ToS? I’d rather not get banned ya know

Maybe they are technically, maybe they aren’t, but if you really want official permission to use it, only Deca could give that type of answer (support ticket). All anyone here can do is say things like “you probably wouldn’t get banned because nobody would know if you’re pressing H or Q or shift-1 or F3 or 5th mouse button on the left”.

You’re contradicting yourself here. Pressing buttons on a keyboard takes significantly less time than using macros on a mouse, because you don’t need to reposition your fingers before and after the keypress.

This thread could go on forever, because each person has a different “line” to separate the white and the black. Just accept that grey areas will forever exist.

Using AHK to press a button every X seconds without a logical operator dictating the keypress is perfectly legal, in my opinion, and I was just offering my services to anyone who wanted to know how to do it as well.

You don’t need a macro to press space every ~6.5 seconds either. You could just repeatedly press spacebar once you turn visible, guaranteeing an almost perfect permacloak. I just prefer not to press space repeatedly.

Besides, the AHK isn’t perfect either. Due to the input lag the servers often facilitate, the AHK can’t guarantee a perfect autocloak. It just eliminates redundant pressing of a button.

Just popping in to say, you will not have a chance of being banned if you use this.

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not.

I’m going to guess sarcastic, in which case it’s time to delete all my posts and wear my tinfoil hat.

Bad guess.

doesnt mean it isnt cheating

the other guy was just asking if using supplementary mouse button to press “h” and “p” as those keys are the ones used for hp/mp pots was considered cheating. Obviously it’s not the case? It’s not his fault rotmg doesn’t recognize mouse buttons (it is impossible so that it doesn’t conflict with the normal left click/right click/scroll functions, but it makes it so that you can’t use middle click or other mouse buttons either). That dude never talked about automating anything.

about if this script will get you banned, well it is banneable, but muledump/quickspeech and the like are in the same category. You have to ask yourself if it is gamebreaking, and if it is, then deca might ban those who use it. Otherwise, it’s most likely this won’t get you banned.

About your tool, let’s just agree it does remove the need of some skills, as experienced and non experienced players alike could use it to get the perfect cloak timing. Imo it makes it gamebreaking, but that’s just my opinion. In any case, it’s more polemical than a text macro tool.

Still, I agree you can’t humanly write those sentences to ask for hp, but even so, before the era of quickspeech, people just said hp (and no thx whatsoever :/), or just had some sentence in their chat and double press enter for the same effect. So the only nice addition is the randomness of the text :blush:

welcome to the “grey zone”, where things stop being black and white as to whether or not they’re okay. technically it all falls under the super general blanket “3rd party scripts” bit from the ToS, but if it’s impossible to prove from another player’s screen then you can’t be banned for it, which raises the question of whether or not it’s okay in the first place.

personally I think an automatic ability is not okay, but I also think that (except in extreme cases like Nevov mentioned) it’s self-punishing. it adds another thing you have to be watching out for that is not under your control, so without also adding autoaiming (a clear violation, pretty sure we all agree on this) you have to be ready to have your cursor in place at regular intervals. as for the classes that don’t have abilities that need to be aimed, the exact timing of when you should and shouldn’t activate is irregular and requires practice and experience. for example, even though paladins can perma-seal you need to be able to use extra buffs to heal yourself when taking substantial damage. the intervals at which you need to heal yourself and others varies depending on the situation, sometimes you need to spam as soon as you get the mp, others you don’t need the hp back and can allow mp to regenerate with a slower rate of use. in fact, the only ability I think would be helpful to set on auto is the cloak that Thees mentioned, and even then I think it’s best that the exact timing be given to something capable of adjusting to varying circumstances (a human). even if you can perma cloak, sometimes it’s best to hold out anyway during stretches where you can’t get caught to give yourself maximum invisible time for the hard parts.

personally I think autoabilities without autoaim are just you shooting yourself in the foot.

Autofire Special Ability Toggle

I specifically coded LGS to recognize my 2 macros as H and P. If my H and P keys were disabled on my keyboard, I could use the mouse macros.

Macros are like muledump and are not against the ToS right?

yes and no, they are both against the ToS, but that doesn’t mean deca isn’t ok with it.

you have to understand that if deca take a stance on whatever 3rd party, then they would have to review every other scripts, and I doubt they want that.

that being said, if the tool is not game breaking or giving you an unfair advantage, why would they be against it? you just have to decide by yourself what is and what isn’t acceptable. They do ban the things they consider harming the game, such as duping/hacking/etc. I doubt macros are ban worthy, but I guess if it’s used for spamming it could be.

In this case, it is only DECA’s opinion that matters.

I am personally against the permacloaking script (even though you do have a short period without your cloak thanks to the cooldown), simply because it takes out what I see to be a major part of this game: human skill and error. As you say, a skilled rusher can time these ability uses almost perfectly, but why use skill when you have this script? A non-permacloak script user must time their ability uses in their head, adding to the complexity of a rush and bringing in a little extra required skill to the rogue. All the user of this script must do is press a key, negating any difficulty in using a character that is left after pets.

Scripts that let you spam messages are fine, as they don’t take away from the skill required to play this game. Scripts that make the game easier by taking out the need for skill aren’t.

This is the game’s way of telling you that you have been playing too long. Go get some fresh air. :smiley:

Wait, so i downloaded it it, went to the link for hotkeys, and now i double clicked the app. But when I opened realm, clicking 9 does nothing plz help so confused

just saying, my script isn’t spamming, in the video I was repeatedly clicking the macro button, so you could see several random texts xD

if you decide to spam that key, then you could spam, but that’s not what it was meant to do xD

Oh, sorry. I was just referring to one of the possible things similar scripts could potentially be used for. I have to say, yours seems like a pretty handy idea: I’ve often wanted to have a stash of easily usable messages on hand.

the link for hotkeys is there if you want to change the hotkey from numpad9 to something else

are you sure you’re hitting the numpad9 and not the normal 9?

otherwise, just replace numpad9 in the .INI with whatever, try p for instance, then save the ini, reload script and press p in game

OH number pad 9, how do I switch to normal 9?