Magic Woods: Welcome to the Jungle!

I love the new Orb design. There’s no more clunky Stasis-Cursing like with a tiered orb. You can just point and Curse. In addition, if an enemy is too close to you, you’ll just automatically Stasis it, which can give you precious time to move. It’s great. I’m definitely gonna be hunting for one when the Woods go live.

Fun fact: The mystic set sprites were actually from the sets that Poshun posted a few months ago, although the ring is changed.

Dude that person is seriously talented. Those look official and legit AF. Well the majority of them. Priest one isn’t very good and the Huntress one is almost good but just feels off. The Tron necro holy crap that staff is dope.

On topic: The boss appears Curse Immune but has no text saying so. Both while Invulnerable and Vulnerable.

Dungeon itself seems aight. Still, doing it with a near maxed Uncommon pet and a “fresh” lvl 10 Knight with T10 armor and MIthril shield it was still easier than Limon. Isn’t the dungeon made to be a bit more difficult than Sprite World? Maybe the minions themselves are, but the boss isn’t.

I REALLY dig the random phases. Similar to Stone Guardians. Mad props.

Good diminishing returns on Fairy Dust but I wonder just how well they’re synergize with Oreo’s wismod. :thinking:

Finally, and imo most important, the new Orb’s Stasis range is too far. It’s too easy to accidentally Stasis things when you’re just trying to Curse them. It needs a tile (or 1/2?) nerf.

Well here’s my feedback to the new changes made:

Boss - I still personally feel like the boss could use another damage increase. With a knight/pally/warrior you can easily still steamroll it. The boss just isn’t out putting enough damage to make you feel cautious. For a mid level dungeon that has a boss that drops 2 white and 2 pots I feel like it should still be looked at.

The staff - Giving it a small damage increase was nice. No harm in that whatsoever.

The orb - I love the new change. This gave a new meaning to rushing on a mystic. Efficient but still different! Even though me and a couple of other friends found out a small bug with the orb it was fixed right away.
I also love how stasis now highlights an enemies with a red border.

I’ve been running the Magic Woods on a trickster with a T0 prism and noticed there’s just so many gaps that a trickster can use to teleport to the other side with a decent pet can sometimes make it to the boss in just 3 simple teleports without having to deal with the mobs at all sometimes.

Anyway another amazing mid level dungeon that is very rewarding and I think a lot of people will be on the hunt for it once released to prod.

How is she the only fairy if the water gives your eternal life?

She’s the only fairy alive guarding the waters. Her brother, King, left her alone.

Cool

When this is released I’ve gotta farm this like mad.
This seems like the only worthwhile set for it’s level besides the Jungle Necromancer Set.
But I feel like the Staff of the Crystal Serpent will become more or less useless now.
I mean I don’t really know about the damage that this one does, but the RoF and the projectile colour was all I really liked about the SotCS and this just makes me sad to know that it has already been replaced by an unreleased dungeon…

Keep in mind that the Jungle staff is a fairly common beginner’s UT whereas the Woods staff is a rather rare white bag item with actual viability. As far as the early game is concerned, you’re still better off going for the Jungle staff since you actually have a decent shot at getting it.

How does this new one do on the DPS graph compared to, lets say, the Staff of Necrotic Arcana?

Pretty sure it even out-damages a Cosmic until 10-15 def.

Or guns and roses!

Well :thinking:…definietly a main staff then.

OH HELL YEAH.

I gotchu. See my post.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.