Make All ST Sets Tradeable

To me, it doesn’t really make sense to make some of the st sets tradeable but not others. You see, I might be a little biased here because I just poured $80 Canadian to get the flesh collectors set, but im missing the dagger. The skuld set is tradeable as well as the Pixie paladin set(don’t remember what it’s called). I at least just want to ask deca, if they’re planning to make them tradeable in the future.

I’d prefer it be the other way around tbh, many of the untradeable ST’s are really strong (like that dagger you want) and I don’t want players easily building up stockpiles of them like they do with pixie and shendyt and such. so if you want consistency making the tradeable ones untradeable is the better option imo.

Than doesn’t that defeat the rarity of some st sets by making them tradable.

Because players are prepared to spend so much money, such as you describe, is probably exactly why Deca is unwilling to change anything, and continue sweeping up the cash.

I’ve said before I don’t even care so much if STs were to go all soulbound or all unsb. But half and half is the stupidest option and exposes Deca’s lack of strong principles when it comes to the core concepts of Rotmg.

I honestly wish that Deca would drop the ST label and just rename them to UT’s

Whether they are soul-bounded or not, I don’t care at this point.

??? that just removes the whole piece of a Set Themed item, they are meant to be good in a set but the current state they are in one item overpowers the others, eg Ripper in the Flesh Collecter set

Really, would you use any of the full ST sets over a custom set excluding the necro set?

There are one or two items per set that outshine the others by too much of a margin. I say let them be unhindered.

did you read my message? im agreeing with you about their current state. they are meant to be set items but as you are saying and as I said, there are just a couple items that empower the whole set. but completely removing the ST tag because of your personal opinion isn’t the smartest thing to do

They’re basically UT’s so why the hell not

Also it would give precedent to give certain combinations of UT’s special perks, which would be quite an interesting development to behold

I wouldn’t even use the necro set fite me BREEEEEEEEEEE

xaklor tarded confirmed, necro set is by far the best UT set in the game

UT set?

I thought this was an ST set thread

also which necro UT set? jungle or cultist?

Sarcasmically calling it a UT set because it’s UnTradable

Some of the STs are tradable and some are not for a good reason.

All of the STs added during the Kabam era are tradable.

All of the STs added by Deca are soulbound. Deca will not make the tradable STs soulbound because people who stock up wealth in STs like pixies, shendyts, and etherites will riot.

Unless someone has invested in pixies or etherites that cannot be sold anymore. I’d leave things as they are, or make everything tradeable with a little nerf.

I’ll link my post on ST items here, as it is extremely relevant and there is a good discussion on whether ST items should be made all soulbound or all tradeable!

Personally I think that ST items should be made soulbound, but they need to be heavily reworked and balanced. It’s not worth grinding or paying a lot of money just to get a shitty ST ring. ST items need to be balanced so that each piece is not overpowered by itself, but fits well when used as intended, wearing the whole set.

If, one day, duping is completely gone, I’d love to see ST items be tradeable again. However, I don’t envision that happening anytime soon :frowning: .

Duping will always exist in the current framework. Even if you make all ST’s soulbounded and all UT’s soulbounded, it will still exist.

@.OP good point, if they are going to be sold for monies, might as well make them all tradeable.

Some UTs are already a problem because items with abysmally low drop rates make no sense in a permadeath game. It’s really discouraging to know that you’ll probably have to farm for several years if you want to get an item that you can potentially lose in seconds.

STs are even worse because not only are their drop rates extremely low, you also need 4 of them to complete a set.

As a f2p player, you have to farm for STs for potentially hundreds of hours all the while knowing that anyone with enough cash can potentially get a full set within minutes of its release.

As a paying player, you have to spend potentially hundreds of dollars all the while knowing that it’s all RNG and you could roll Mystery Boxes forever without getting the one item you really want (or finally get it and die with it because, again, permadeath).

I’m not a big fan of business models that screw everyone over.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.