Making Backpacks Unsoulbound/Daily rewards rant

Flawless, in the sense that you probably only have an uncommon pet. Some of us would love to see more backpacks than ambrosia, 1 level is neglictable, while 12 backpacks is not.

We agree that backpacks are powerful, but itā€™s also an argument to NOT spoil players with so many of them.

Rare pet! :triumph:

And if you had items with higher singular feed power, you would need to feed your pet less times to reach the same level, which in turn means leveling your pet up would cost less fame.

Takes a minute each day to login and collect.

Take it from someone who has made a 90/90/76 pet f2P and is currently gunning for Divine still f2P: youā€™re going to want all the Ambrosias you can get, especially if you donā€™t play often enough to do what Iā€™m doing and farm hundreds of Mad Labs.

I never said ambrosia absolutely sucks, and many people are taking it that way. Iā€™m stating that I would rather have backpacks than ambrosia based on my style of play; Iā€™ve been having a bad time keeping my characters alive, but usually my characters live for nearly 4 months or more, like my knight, and my passed on archer.
Backpacks would really help me out more than ambrosia, because I keep swapout rings, armor, and weapons, and sometimes abilities. I 8 spaces in my inventory are dedicated to swapout items and consumables, and without the backpack, I would have no room for pots. And, I am currently unable to spend my ambrosia, and nor would it be effective with upgrading only 1 level. Iā€™m just saying, a backpack would be infinetly more benefical to ME than an ambrosia.
Also, remember when deca gave us a char slot and vault slot? It would be nice if instead of a stupid ambrosia and pet stone those two items would be thereā€¦
I sound whiny, but i would have the march calendar every month instead of ambrosias at the end of every month

Iā€™ve never spent a penny on RotMG, and Iā€™m very grateful for all freebies :slight_smile:
Once these were occasional giveaways on random days and if you happened not to log in on the right day/week you missed it. Having the monthly bonuses is just a joy. Yes here are things I would like to get that we donā€™t (backpacks, chests, character slots), and there are things we do get that I donā€™t bother collecting (cloths and dyes mostly, and the XP boosts), but overall it is free and I am grateful. The ambrosia has been great for my pet.

My biggest gripe with the login bonus is that if there are only 30 days in the month then you have no leeway to miss a day. And I canā€™t log in on my phoneā€¦ :frowning:

Sucks that Deca isnā€™t worried about one single player, doesnā€™t it?

Well jeez, having 8 swapouts isnā€™t everyoneā€™s playstyle. If youā€™re that invested in having 8 swapouts, go buy a few backpacks - you clearly believe that you survive enough to justify having them.

Itā€™s more than anyone else has done for us, eh? Why not be grateful and not rant on wanting more?

Yes you do, and itā€™s quite unbecoming.

Iā€™m sure that a lot of people would like a backpack more than an ambrosia.

Maybe not 8, but at least some swapouts; excuse me if i donā€™t want to go running to my vault every time I get a pot like a kid who has a bowel disorder.

Ahh, the power of selective editing.

better?

Errā€¦ What?

I basically said the same thing he said for the most part

Implying ambroisa is not worthless compared to packs.

Same obstacle

Reason for it

Heck, a third person that can actually use ambrosias is in our position too.

I may not agree with his view on the original topic, but at this point heā€™s simply stating that to him backpacks are worth more than ambrosia and listing the reasons why.

Just because ya disagree with what someone once said doesnā€™t mean ya should disagree with the person themself. And besides, as far as I can tell, he is saying he would prefer that DECA gave us backpacks over ambrosia. An apple or an orange, not an apple and an orange.

Iā€™d like to see more backpacks for F2P players too, and Iā€™ve got a feeling that there is a 95% chance that we will see them pop up again in MotMG.

My bad, youā€™re right.

Yeah MotMGā€™s probably gonna seem extra special with a much needed backpack

And hopefully new content and fun events (Not that it wasnā€™t any good last year!)
:wink:

Oh! That reminds me. The Realmeye forums came along some time either during or after MotMG from what I remember. This means that MotMG and the forumā€™s one year anniversary may line up. Neat.

Also, I really am not the one being petty at this point tbh. @Shatter look how famous you are!

An ambrosia is literally better than a backpack for OP at the stage which heā€™s at with his pet. But hey, what would I know, Iā€™m just some scrub with an uncommon pet, amirite?

Iā€™m sorry Jaws, Iā€™m not going on a vendetta against OP, but I just had to make it clear that Iā€™m not unjustified in what Iā€™d written.

Backpacks may be a good thing to have in daily login calendar, or they may not be. We can sure as hell have a debate regarding that. But OP made a post rantung about backpacks being SB.

Yeah, Iā€™m aware. That is why I said at this point the topic rotated to a different subject. I can assure ya tho, I definitely do not agree with the majority of what he has said, insults and ideaologies alike. Your last reply to him is the only thing I turned sides on.

I guess what I can say to you is to not stoop near his level?

Meh, that was probably very poor wording but Iā€™m sure the point got across.

I gotcha fam

No more derailment of discussion. Also there were decent points put across for adding backpacks to the login claendar, iā€™ll agree. Just donā€™t need to make them tradeable.

Heck, I wouldnā€™t mind a backpack or three either.

I think we can agree that weā€™d appreciate any free backpack/ambrosia that Deca is willing to give us for free, even when Deca has no obligation to do so.

Just a rhetorical question, say that we as players get to choose which one to get for the next calendar log in, which one would you choose?

(I canā€™t put a poll in mobileā€¦ Help :ā€™( )

@BaraBlazer Backpacks, most definitely. then maybe char slots

I personally believe that you are very wrong. Under Kabam, you had nothing and you werenā€™t complaining. Now that DECA is actually giving us stuff , now you start complaining. I really wish people would be grateful. You are getting free ambrosiaā€™s people!!!

This thread is pretty dead now. And anyways, its like someone gives you bicycle, takes it away, and instead gives you a half used bottle of ketchup (analogy: backpacks/vault slots/char slots to ambrosia)

And for reasons stated above, ambrosia is shit

Edit: Ambrosia is shit compared to other rewards, such as backpacks and vault slots and char slots. Backpacks, vault slots, and char slots have more practicality than pet food; deca gave us a taste of char slots but then revoked it, replacing it with shitty ambrosia. Ambrosia is just too underpowered to be a final reward for a monthly calendar.

how about they reward you with some gold so that everyoneā€™s happy, then you can use it as you please.

Unfortunately they wouldnā€™t be handing out a lot of gold each month (probably no more than 100 if in pure gold, so people wanting ambrosias would be salty) and they may not do it at all if the purchases are all linked in to profit & loss accounting systems, in which free gold throws out the figures. However if the system is just based on which items are most popular then it really doesnā€™t matter how much gold is floating around the system.