Manor Coffins out of Troom bug?

Just making sure, is this a bug? If so, I’m gonna have to send a report here

I got a holy wataa

Honestly, this has been around for so long I’m beginning to think it was intentional.

Only happens in dead ends too, so it’s not like the coffins just pop in any random room.

It’s not a bug, as far as I remember. Just a
#VERY
rare occurance.

Tally’s Manor Guide also talked about it during this segment.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I’ve only seen that twice ever. Which is as many Puri’s as I’ve gotten. And once was waaay back in 2012 or so.

Not just dead ends; I’ve seen it in other rooms, though mostly dead ends, always on the way to a dead end. I think they are not that rare, just that you only see them if you explore off the beaten track, as they are never on the way to the boss.

Worry not, this is natural. If people on the wiki did their job then maybe there would be more info on this.

i’ve seen this happen a few times, especially inside the little corridors in this room.

http://imgur.com/IORmYLJ

It’s a treasure room that does the work for you by not appearing behind a wall.

Rejoice and collect your Holy Water.

I think of the coffins in plain sight as an intentional feature rather than a bug.

The farthest away from a dead end that I have on a screenshot is 5 rooms, in a 3-trom/8-coffin manor.

The distance to the dead end is not important. It’s that it always generates the route to the boss first, then generates the rest of the map. Some rooms only appear on the main route, some only appear off it, including coffin rooms (i.e. normal rooms with coffins in – hidden rooms can appear off the main route)

Just happened to me again: coffins in a normal room, not a hidden room (though there was one of those), not a dead end. You can’t see both of them in this screenshot as they are too far apart, but both appear as red dots on the minimap. The hidden room is left and up from my location. I’ve explored everywhere except the path to the boss.

The do spawn only down dead ends, just not necessarily the last room of a dead end.

I think a better way of phrasing it would be never on the path between start room and boss.

Yes, I noted that in one of my earlier replies. If you quoted the whole sentence I think it is clear, I am saying the room is not a dead end – it has an entrance and exit, to east and west. It does lead to a dead end.

Where would be the fun in an in context quote? :wink:

But yeah, I just got back and reread your posts so I should probably edit it to say “Yes”. So my apologies for that.

And another Manor with a coffin not in a troom, not in a dead end room. Only one this time. As an added bonus there were three coffin rooms, lined up next to each other off the first three rooms from the entrance. The only downside of this bounty is, of the seven coffins, only two dropped anything, and they dropped nothing worthwhile.

Holy fuck I thought that happened only in Snake Pits!

OK, now that’s more like it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.