Mark of the Restless Spirit - New Ring and Effect

This has to be one of the most difficult-to-pull idea that i ever post in this forum, I would like to thanks the forum people for the feedback and opinions about this items, and helping me to decide the official name and sprite.

Now without further to do, let’s see the Ring (actually it’s more like a tattoo-like item, but wathever)

##Mark of the Restless Spirit

I’m not ready to leave this world, not until every one of them is dead, that is my curse…

Stats Bonuses:-60 HP,+7 ATK,+7 DEX
Effect: When HP reach 0, Inflicts Damned* Effect
Fame Bonus: 5%
Feed Power: 500

Drops From:

• Kage Kami
  • Lich (lower rate)

Now that we have the basics out, let’s go to the good stuff, the “special effect”.

**Damned:**after you hit 0 HP(A.K.A if you died),and you’re wearing this ring, your sprite will become gray and the HP bar is replaced with a timer that begins a countdown.
You have 5 seconds to kill all the enemies that you can until the countdown ends.
You can use your ability but can’t change your equipment or uses consumables, still you don’t have to worry about the HP, you can basically go as long as you want,since every kill will reset the timer.

After the time is up, you died, and in the grave instead of saying your player named, it says “Finally, some peace…”.

Think about this situation, you’re rushing a Shatter/Castle, it’s going as normal, until a certain enemy goes and pops you, here, you can take revenge for this and liberate your anger while helping your friends, amazing.

Keep in mind that in orden to keep the counter up, it is YOU who needs to kill the enemies, if you’re not the one who deals the killing blow, it doesn’t count, also this ring come with the price of -60 HP, so a lot of players would stay away of this ring.
You CAN still get loot, but it won’t be usefull since you’ll die anyway, so maybe give it to your teammates, or get someone that savwe it for you and they give it back (something that wouldn’t never happend, but who know?)

Here are some examples of how would it look your sprite with the “Damned” effect (it will work with other skins too):

(i know the last one last crappy, i’ll change it later)

Well, what do you think, please leave your opinion, and thanks for reading this :smiley:

Crown of the Nexus Elite (Update 1.3)- New Ring, Items and Mechanics

Very cool idea and mechanic, but I wonder why someone would use this. ‘Damned’ would be neat to play, but unless you’re just trying it out, no one’s going to sacrifice 80HP. Please give this a competitive/slightly subpar stat bonus as well.

the idea is that instead of showing the “dead screen”, it gets the damned effect, which is like a mini game before dead, so yeah.
Also, which one do you think i should keep, Bond of Hatred or Mark of the Damned?

The effect brings the co-op to this game very well.

It’d be funny if you get a pot drop but you’re damned and you can’t pick it up so you’re like “damn”

Call it Bond Of Hatred

Better than crown at killing bosses. I would totally use it as a dps ring.

well, you CAN pick it up, but it’s worthless becauses you still gonna die, so yeah…

With the same sprite or the other?

Great idea! Bond of hatred for sure.

what’s the point? you still die, you can’t nexus and you can’t save your stuff. you can’t keep going and you can’t get more loot. I’d rather not have died in the first place but if I’m dead I’d like to stay dead instead of doing this thing.

well, the ring in question gives more DPS that a crown by the cost of 80 HP, so it could be funny to have.

And the hole idea around it, is taking revenge against the monsters and helping your team;think about this situation, you tragically died on a shatters and since you can’t change that, you release your anger and finish (or at least distract) the other enemies so your team don’t meet the same fate, and you go out with glory.

How cool would that be?, but if the idea doesn’t appeal you i understand.

gifs looks sick

you mean they look cool, or that they look like they have a disease?

oh ok, thanks!

they look cool!

use*

I mean technically you can get more loot if you aren’t soloing. If you get loot you can drop it, your teammate can pick it up, then give it back to you when you respawn.

You sir, have found already a good use to the ring’s ability, props to you

The damned effect is near worthless. A few seconds will save you nothing and cool things that happen when you die don’t belong in a perma-death game.

Well it’s an item that’s just for fun. Like the amulet of zombification was used plenty of times back then to spawn a horde of zombies. Maybe the ring would be used in the same way.

Maybe you should make a new sprite? I mean it kinda looks like the experimental ring

What about the other sprite?