Mark Rewards Wheel

This idea was sparked by u/notwaterguy13 on reddit. Big thank you.

The Basic Idea

A wheel with several rewards on it that you may spin for the cost of 8 marks, once a day. Depending on the kind of marks you use, the rewards will shift and change. It will be random chance, and have the best and worst loot from each dungeon. Let’s say I give the wheel 4 Marks of Stheno, and 4 Marks of Oryx. I now have the chance to get Speed Pots, Attack Pots, or Defense Pots, some high tier gear (tiers 8-10, accordingly), and a chance at the elusive Wand of Bulwark. But just how much of a chance? How diverse can the wheel be?

What are the chances?

The chances for the wheel to give out certain items should be linked to the droprates of said dungeons. Snake Pits almost always give you a speed potion, yet the Wand of Bulwark is speculated to be in around one in four-hundred completions. So how would an idea like this balance out with the current droprates? Well, there’s one idea I’ve come up with so far.

• 4+ Marks needed to attempt at a White Bag.
    This idea seems like a good route, to me at least. Requiring 4 or more marks of the same dungeon would mean that players would only have at best a chance at two white bags from the wheel, with each being equally slim.

Now, what would the SPECIFIC percentages be?
I was thinking something along the lines of…

• 8 Marks (let’s use Snake Pits as an example again.)
    40% chance at a Tier 8-10 item.
    40% chance at a Speed Potion.
    18% chance at a Pet Egg.
    1% chance at an Orange Bag (Pet/Assassin skin)
    1% chance at a Wand of Bulwark.

Some of you may be thinking, Oh here it is, the part where they make White Bags less rare because they can’t get one. But hear me out:
This isn’t making them easy to obtain. That’s with 8 successful completions of the dungeon. Every 8 completions, you get a 1/100 chance to obtain the White Bag. This isn’t exactly much less rare, while also giving players a reason to collect marks.

As the amount of marks goes down, so will the chances of obtaining the rarer goods.

• 4 Marks (Once again using Snake Pits and Oryx.)
    20% chance at a Tier 8-10 item.
    20% chance at a Tier 9-12 item.
    20% chance at a Potion of Speed.
    10% chance at a Potion of Defense.
    10% chance at a Potion of Attack.
    19% chance at a Pet Egg.
    .5% chance at an Orange Bag. (Pet/Assassin skin, remember, Oryx 2 has no mark.)
    .5% chance at a Wand of Bulwark.

This stuff seems really confusing, but let’s just break it down like this:
There will always be a 40% chance that you get Tiered loot. It will be split into different sections depending on the diversity of the marks.
There will always be a 40% chance that you get a Potion. They will be split based on the diversity of the marks provided. (In our example, Speed dropping from one, and Attack / Defense dropping from the other.)
The chance of a White or Orange Bag will be .2% per Mark. This means that with an array of 8 separate marks, you have a total of 2% chance of an Orange/White Bag.
Any chance that cannot be applied will go to Pet Egg chance. This means things like:
The dungeon has no Orange Bags.
The dungeon has no White Bags.
The wheel would be missing a percentage.

Ok ok, I get the math. Now where would we put this thing?

I feel like it could be placed inside of the Daily Rewards cave. Maybe a new NPC, or adding the function to one of the two current NPCs.

Well, how is it going to look?

Whether it looks pixel-y like the enemies of the Realm, or refined like the interfaces of the Shop, it’s going to need to be in some form of circular shape. Otherwise it wouldn’t be a wheel.
Just a quick sketch up idea for looks.

Well what about…

If you have any tips, ideas, things to discuss, disagreements, or anything else, feel free to just comment below.

Thank you for reading my idea, folks.

Ok this is good

The only problem I can see with stuff like this is that when using the exact loot of the dungeon it’s basically just like a reward multiplier. You get slightly more loot per dungeon you do, there’s really nothing special about it. It could be OP and give you a huge boost, or be a small boost that doesn’t really amount to much. Especially with the limit of once per day, for people who do 8 dungeons that drop marks per day it would be maximally efficient, anyone who does more just gets a random small chance at loot. That’s what quest chests already are, but this is just slightly more limited loot and will probably be more useless overall since quest chests have a guaranteed pot while nearly half the time this will drop useless tiered loot. I feel like it’d either need to be tuned to the point where it actually does make whites less rare, or it is basically meaningless and just a worse quest chest that doesn’t give my trickster fame.

I feel like the tiered loot drops are more for people looking for tops giving in higher tier marks. It could change however, as a lot of the time tiered loot isn’t what you’re looking for, and I understand that. Maybe changing the potions droprate in exchange for lowering the tiered loot droprate?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.