Marking someone a good trader?

So we all know on realm eye people get marked scammers hackers such and such

But why dosent realmeye allow you to mark people as good traders or key sellers. Possibly building a portfolio of vouches and people could even add videos. I think this would lead to less people being scammed and less people being able to scam over and over. What are your opinions on it comrades.

Good one

Mules

That’s a pretty good idea. It will definitely help with key selling and buying.

I’m building a small portfolio through the messages on realmeye. The recommendations definitely help transactions go smoother.

Exactly. And players marking u as good (key) buyers should be revealed so as to avoid spam marking by mules or guildies. I’m tired to key sellers asking for payment outside

shouldnt this be in forum feedback?

it is a good idea to build a foundation or kinda a trust. on the other hand tho, guildies can spam good trader on you so it wont be exactly reliable. great concept tho!

Edit: Moved to forum feedback

but it’s for realmeye, not the forums. They are not quite one of the same.

its the closest thing that we have to realmeye feed back in m/o. You can move it back if you want

@shatter, @four

Feedback is fine. I had a post somewhere explaining this, but basically people are going to post RE feedback in the forum regardless, so this is as good a place as they’re going to get.

Mules? I get what you are trying to say but mules wouldent be useful at all. If someone named “totalynotakeyscammerxXx” has 100 vouches all from 1 star players people will obviously know not to trust them and that it is fake

Good Idea :slight_smile:

I like this idea, the only thing I can offer to tweak this is to make a requirement in which you can tag them a good trader, such as the 10 stars set with keys. This means the scammers who dedicate themselves to this horrendous activity can’t just make a few mules and mark themselves as a good opener, luring all of the trusting realm players to lose their precious pots.

Good Point

I disagree with this. Scammers could easily make legit trades to counteract their false ones. A scammer that scams 50% of the time is still a scammer.
“Isn’t it better that the scammer is scamming less?” You might ask.
Yes, however one thing it does in addition to this is that it conceals the scammer so they are unavoidable. (Unless you take the usual precautions to not get scammed in the first place.)

I know I should not be the one to say this considering that I don’t even use the player market nearly as much as the average player but I am positive this will only be counterproductive.

Well this is where videos would come into play along with other things. I forget the exact quote but it was something like a million good deeds will go unseen by the world but a single bad one will open their eyes. That is the exact way it is with scamming. You may have been marked as a good scammer before but once people start sending in videos of you scamming? that is pretty much IT for their scamming career. You could have 100 people saying you are a good trader but 1 video showing you scam keys or something would be all it takes to stop that person from being able to trick anyone else. As video proof would big the first thing you see on their account and of course be a huge red flag for anyone. I understand your concerns and I have them to but I hope with this idea and the community we could together to tackle problems like that and effectively end future ones.
@Tsunami i agree that is a good idea

Marking someone as a good trader

There isn’t any value really to having a reputation system, since in Rotmg there are so many scammers, they would just build up rep and then scam even easier, because people would put trust in that reputation - “omg i got scammed by a person with 200405 reputation this system is broken”.

And then complaints would go in to Deca quoting RealmEye reputation, making RE seem part of the problem - if I was RE I would stay far far away from being involved anything like this.

The simple system that exists now with multiwindow being marked (to show it is an impossible trade in 1 action) and scammer tag which acts to suppress offers when multiple people are reporting scams, is enough, IMO, and puts the emphasis on the person doing the trade to be happy with it.

I would be okay with a wider range of personal tags to use: (good trader, idiot, other, etc) to allow us to make our own personal lists, but that’s as far as I’d go.

I agree to an extent, although I believe that it would improve reliability in finding good traders more so than it would instigate issues whereby people with high reputation are scamming. If someone wants to throw away their reputation on a simple trade, that’s their problem.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.