Marks- Market not Quests

Alright, so I’ve been having a problem with marks stacking up in my vault, especially the difficult ones to get like geb and cry which spawn once or nonce per realm. The problem really centers at the only time you can use them, when the daily quest offers a reward for a set of the type of dungeon marks you need. I dont know if the daily quests is randomized or in an order. I do know that it almost never comes up to what I have. So here’s my idea. Make a specific section where you can sell the same sets that are currently in the daily quests room, but have them all together in one list. You can either list them off where you can turn 4 gebs or bilgewaters into a white chest for as many times as you have the marks or you can set it to get a cooldown for like 8 hours or a day. It would certainly be a HECK of a lot better because not having enough space in a vault and then going out and getting news ones every day is driving me insane. I think it’d be a nice reform to allow more encouragement to collect marks and as a byproduct, inspire more gameplay of dungeons. Anyways devs, I hope you guys think about this. It’d really help! Thanks for reading!

-Sentauri - 5 years played. Still haven’t gotten jugg.

i like the idea, but yk, that’d make them lose money.

No. The function of marks was to be collected daily not stashed. Your not supposed to have a load of them in vault and wait despite many players doing that. If you were able to just switch marks, it’d be lame to just switch like 20 sprite marks into oryx marks or other marks.

TL;DR : they’re not supposed to be stashed, your supposed to farm them daily

1. I said nothing about trading marks for marks. I said trading marks for the usual prizes.
  2. Are you stupid? Why wouldnt we stash them in the vault? Most of the prizes take 8 slots. I’m not collecting ONLY marks and leaving the loot behind to turn it in for a dex pot reward or something. That makes 0 sense.
  3. Most people can’t spend 10 hours a day running dozens of realms in order to find 4-6 hard marks and turning them in. Stashing is definitely needed.
  4. I see you used the tl;dr. You should actually read the posting before making yourself look braindead.

I see your a ‘ppe’ player. PPE = Poor Players Excuse lol

Your entire comment is invalid.

Okay, being toxic doesn’t help. Calling me stupid and calling me poor? lmfao.

1. What? You do trade marks for prizes…

2. No, I’m not stupid. As I said, the FUNCTION is that your NOT supposed to stash. Never said you can’t, and I even said most people do lmfao. And new players do this for that precious dex.

3. Doesn’t take 10 hours. Currently, realms close in around 10-30 mins. You can easily get 4-6 marks in 3 hours if you farm. Stashing isn’t needed, as I never stash but can still do epics easily.

4. I read the post, maybe you should clarify and take some english language classes.

FYI : I’m not a poor player, at least compared to your 4 0/8s lol

Your reply is also completely invalid.

so lets turn a RNG based game into… something-that-isn’t-RNG-but-I’m-too-tired-for-vocabulary

I am but that’s besides the point

RNG my dude

so lets take away one of RotMG’s fundamental game mechanics. Why didn’t we think of that earlier

That’s kinda the point? It’s basically run-6-dungeons-get-loot-from-one-for-free (in terms of pots, and sometimes you run tombs and get mana out of the chest but I digress)

cough same goes for you

mhm

The point of the marks system is to be a supplement to the loot you generally get in that day.

• Yes I get that they take alot of space, but I’m using 40 inv spaces (of the 50 or so I have for storage) for marks and I think it’s pretty worth.

Sure there are people that can’t take advantage of it, but those are either the people that have space to store a mark a day (which actually sucks b/c it keeps cycling but meh), or have the space filled up with UT’s and can’t re store it, which means that they are also feeling the pain of not spending money (or enough $$)

That is such a bad idea don’t even get me started. You’ve literally removed all possible rng in the game to get a white, and just make the rng attributed to what white it is. Sure there might be some people that only need certain whites, but I’m pretty sure that this isn’t meant for them is it.

I mean if you want to make a link chain without any real corroboration, you could also say that people would run less dungeons due to less need to grind a variety of marks, due to the fact that quite a few people do epic chests for the whites (I do it for the extra mana because I’m a poor boi), so people don’t need every type of mark to make sure they have a higher chance to get the chest, so they have a higher chance to get a white.
That didn’t make alot of sense…

But nonetheless I don’t think more dungeons would necessarily happen, it would just make people run more of that type of dungeon

Being in an active guild can massively help, since your guildies can call out what events or dungeons you’re searching for, and that increases how many tombs/docks/etc you can get into.

BTW, arguing in the basis of “never change an aspect of the game b/c it’s ‘fundamental’ and blah blah blah” is generally a really bad argument that limits game development and player freedom. In this case, your argument really is invalid like the OP said because it is unrealistic of what most players without a lot of vault suffer through; they aren’t allowed to participate in an aspect of the game not because of skill but mostly because of a paywall.

Dude ur kinda being an asshole, a guy simply pointed out a flaw and you go out of your way to fucking destroy him, you call him ooor and he stated u are poorer than him, also I love how in the original post you say 5 years no just as if we’re supposed to feel sorry for you, it’s pathetic, just don’t let people’s constructive critism make you go batshit crazy, and if you say I’m going batshit crazy you can’t criticize because you did the same thing. He didn’t say the idea was bad he pointed out a flaw and did it very politely

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.