Mathemagic! Put your favorite ROTMG math stuff here!

Hi guys. Math! Put your favorite math here involving ROTMG!

First, let’s find what the probability is of doing 3000 abysses without a dblade.

(by the way, this article is pointless because it’s all theoretical)
Assuming 1% drop rate of DBlade, 3000 abysses without a dblade is therefore 0.99 ^ 3100.

Calculated out, that’s 8.04606974e-14.

Of course, this only counts solo abysses and assuming that the RNG system basically spins a random number from 1 to 100 when distributing loot, which I actually feel isn’t the case. (I have this flux theory thing, don’t mind me as it’s pointless to theorize endlessly about things we have literally no knowledge over)

Let’s say CDirk drop rate is 1 in 500, using Techmech’s video from ages ago.
That puts it at 0.2%.

Say you’ve done 500 cube gods. The chances you still have not gotten a CDirk are 0.998 ^ 500, or about 36.75%. Wow. To know that 30% of people who’ve done 500 cube gods (assuming all were solo) are theoretically going to get CDirk should prove its rarity.

What about more Cube Gods? (btw cubes are mathz as well geometries kewl heh)
all numbers are approximated btw
1000? 13.50%
2000? 1.8% (Wow! To know that even if I do 2000 cube gods, I could still be that unlucky one in a hundred guy that doesn’t get dirk! :O)
5000? 0.0044% (now we’re getting really low)

Then, how about how many cube gods we need to kill to be theoretically unlucky as the poor soul who grinded 3100 abysses and did not get dblade?

Well, we set up the equation

0.0000000000000804606974 = 0.998 ^ x, where x is the amount of cube gods needed.
Plugging this into the super-strong calculator Wolfram Alpha, the result is…

Wow. That’s a lot of cube gods.

Cube Gods spawn up to 10 Cube Overseers that spawn up to 5 each of the Defenders and Blasters.

Let’s take that number and make it pretty cool by calculating how many cubes would be present as you farmed this CDirk.

15,060 (i’ll shave off the 0.4) * (1 Cube God + 10 Cube Overseers + 50 Cube Defenders + 50 Cube Blasters) makes for a grand total of 1,671,660 cubes.

Now let’s say all these cubes spawned instantly in a realm. Let’s say there are 85 people in a realm and the cubes are split evenly among them. How many cubes does each person have to handle?

1671660 / 85 = 19666.588…

Yeah, about 19,667 cubes each!

At the time of writing, this number is similar to the amount of fame I have. (I have 19, 817 according to RealmEye right now)

• to be extended -

Jugg drop rate: 0
Drop rates doubled: 0*2
Equals: 0

If you have 2 characters, then make two more, and one of them dies, how many characters do you have left? :thonk:

Jugg + Expo = Redox

Everyones dream set image

I calculate the chances of me dying is 100% : ^)

how about the fact that exposed really just adds a flat +20 damage against affected enemies? is that math?

This satisfies my inner (and outer) nerd. Good job. Maybe I’ll add some calculus to this OwO

THATS THREE QUIK MAFS

I mean shit, I’d rather play pally and sacrifice that extra tile of range for a +100 damage buff every time i hit something with my acclaim, and I hate paladin.

I find a good knowledge of calculus is useful for ROTMG. Where? In DPS calculations.

On the wiki and in discussions, you often see comparisons between weapons which boil down to XXX is better than YYY up to ZZZ enemy def. E.g. from the Cutlass page

Not taking status effects into account, it now beats Sword of Acclaim up to approximately 95 DEF on Knight and Paladin, and Sword of Splendor until 55 DEF. On Warrior, this is even higher, Acclaim only surpassing Cutlass at 125 DEF, and Splendor passing it at 75 DEF.

But how meaningful this is varies wildly, mostly down to calculus. What I mean is, if you use e.g. Pfiffel’s DPS calculator to compare weapons, you also need to look at the gradient. The lower the gradient the lower the benefit of choosing one weapon over the other based on its ability to overcome armour.

In practice this means it does not much matter whether you choose a Cutlass or A.S.S over Acclaim, for doing damage. They all are able to overcome the armour of 99% of enemies in the game. Instead they are useful for other reasons, such as the speed boost from Cutlass, the extra range from A.S.S.

Conversely, the main difference between bows is the gradient, the rate at which their damage drops off with enemy def. Tiered bows are uniquely bad at doing damage to armoured enemies, so untiered bows are preferred in almost all situations.

How much time it take ice sphere to skill a average Knight (pre armor ignore patch)

but it can reduce your chances of reaching SB damage.

it should be replaced with (assuming you hit SB on all)

If you can’t hit SB you needa go commit not alive

Cube god

Sorry that Im not playing a warrior with colo sword, FDBA, and a crown.

Resurrected%20Warrior's%20ArmorimageGeb's%20Ring%20of%20Wisdom+v2oimbq+v2oimbq= 130 wisdom
Oreo invisible is 1.2s + Wis /125 = 2.25s of immortaly
Is it shit?

I’ll just copy and paste this from the wiki, since I calculated them.

tmw I get distracted and start fixing Highest DPS :^)

fpbp

What is the probability that this game survives till the end of this year

Very high. A more interesting question is what is the probability it is still going in three years time, after Flash has been retired.