Mathemagic! Put your favorite ROTMG math stuff here!

to make the simulation match your paper, you’d have to replacegrafik

with
for( j in range(6050)):
    dmg+=random.randint(60,150)
avg=(dmg+0.0)/6050
if (avg>104 and avg<106)
     succcess+=1

I’m interested in this

Did y’ou Know? You Are A Readless Fool

Fyi, I was the one who last updated that.

1+1=2 BUT it can also be 1+1=0
this is how

[B]ranked

man, I was totally expecting the joke that if you do 2 damage to a boss you’ll still get 0. sigh.

Prove that 1+1=2

if I combine my sword (1) with the fountain spirit (1) then I get a dex pot and a spd pot (2).

this does not remain true when I combine my sword (1) with the fountain spirit (1) while somebody else is also combining their weapon (1) with the fountain spirit. sometimes I get a dex pot or a spd pot, and sometimes I get both. (1 + 1 + 1 = 1 or 2)

Actually 1+1 equals 11, dummy.

See??? ;)))))

fix ur calculator

xd

I think that he set the values of A N and S so that ANS=10.

No she set “ANS+” to 11 and it’s being multiplied by 1 xD

I actually did
1 (Enter) 1 0 (Enter) Ans + 1 (Enter) Up Up Up Del Del
Which deletes the 10=10, making it seem like 1+1=11.

I thought you were doing binary math. But then I guess 1+1=10?

I think the error is in your math paper rather than you computer program.
While pressing on with my follow-up question–

–I noticed that the formulas for continuous approximation of multiple die rolls on this WikiHow page don’t match your formulas. Specifially, you put N (# of shots) in the denominator of your σ (standard deviation) formula, while the WikiHow author puts its equivalent, n (# of die rolled) in the numerator (of Var(X), but ofc it’s the same place in σ).

Once I looked into the statistical functions in Excel I was able to make a spreadsheet that calculates the probability of killing an enemy over time (assuming no missed shots or invulnerability phases). The results I got using the WikiHow formulas for σ and Var(X) correspond to your computer simulation, i.e. damage becomes very consistent (or equivalently, actual dps rapidly converges on expected avg dps) after about (base-dmg-range)/2 shots.

Using this as a rule rule of thumb, time-to-consistency can be estimated as
(base-dmg-range / 2) / rate-of-fire, or = base-dmg-range / (2 * rate-of-fire)
Based on this math, rate-of-fire impacts consistency more than damage-range–it has 2x the impact. However, it turns out that Condu is not more consistent than Fallen.

excuse me but what the fuck

Can you be more specific?

6*9=42

Base 13

nice

python :frowning: