Mech Suit Battle Pack - (Gundam anime skins) my first sprites / skins

Mech Suit Battle Archer wip (this is old sprite will upload better one later)
archer

Sub-preview

Fixed Knight Skin sprite sheet:

Making new universal skins depending on the weapon the class uses / deleting the specified skins besides the knight and redoing, archer skin would be universal though

OryxTech Cloning Facility

I’m assuming the skin uses the color white. I heavily advise outlining.

Some tips on making really awesome sprites:

• Shading - It makes pretty much any sprite look way better

• Saturation - Lower saturation and adding a bit of gray can make things much easier to look at.

• Never use pure black/white

• When shading, limit the number of tones to two or three

EDIT: I made this as an example of what I mean.

09a76629661a962c6a0841b85610d8567f6ba0cc%20(1)

thanks I will take what you said and edit it. this is my first skin and actually my first sprite/pixel thing i made.but i see what you are saying an appreciate it, i’ll take your advice next time and try to edit the current one aswell

Your artwork definitely has potential! I remember my first idea didn’t even have a sprite.

im going to redo all of these and polish them later cause some of the sprites look a bit random atm especially the pally but i might just make them all look somewhat the same like what i did with the knight/warrior/archer but change colors.

made a energy crossbow/rifle i might try to shade it a bit more or something thoughv2(1)

All sprites atm:

Helm of the Mecha Overseer, Power Core Prism, OryxTech Scoped Railgun, OryxTech Digital Katana, OryxTech Plasma Seal, OryxTech Cybernetic Quiver, OryxTech Ion Scattershot, Mechanized Scrap Skull, Mecha Scrap Plating, OryxTech Plasma Blade, Removing the vibroblade thing, EMP Poison/grenade, Scoped Energy Rifle, Removing all the plasma blades besides the purple one

also here is the first sprite of the dungeon lol
you are going to also have to save guill as the bounty hunter mecha overseer guy captured him. I’ll make a new thread about the entire dungeon when I’m done with everything. including skins being redone etc
5d7a42be73ec1109577328

OryxTech Cybernetic Support Tome resprite : v3(1)

also ik i have changed the names of everything like 50 times ill figure it out lol
Made a dagger that would blend more with the poison in game “OryxTech Voltaic Energy Shiv”

v3

Also “OryxTech” is a Starwars “BlasTech” reference and the dungeon will be called ‘OryxTech Cloning Facility’

Fixed the Knight RX-78 mech knight skin “Mech Suit Battle Knight” I actually really liked this one personally especially compared to the previous one I tried but I know there are some errors in the shading especially the side eye/visor pixels should have been swapped i think :

Sub-preview

Sprite Sheet:

you should make the backround darker, it blends with the skin a bit

thanks i will do that next time, i didn’t know how to add outline without distorting the image so i just made background lol. im also going to see if i can find a guide somewhere about shading to make everything look better

Hi! gotta say these sprites have potential however I think they all need to be shaded a bit better. Also they should just be a bit darker in general. But other than that gj

thanks ! i’ll go over the shading a few times and look at some guides on how to shade properly

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.