Mega Matrix Armor

Mega Matrix Armor
loaded%20armor
Despite its looks, the machinery in this armor makes the practicality lack in conventional protection but is a premium to top ranking alien generals as It can protect the wearer and keep them alive even through fatal damage if not for a short moment.

+15 Defense

Effect: User receives damage incrementally instead of instantly after taking damage. The more damage taken at a time, the less gradual the damage is drained.

Explanation:
When damage is taken, the darkened part marks the total damage taken while it gradually drains to that point. More damage can accumulate during this time.

hp

More info: User takes one damage at a time.
-Damage received per second = (total damage taken taken in 1 second)/2
-So if you take 870 damage in 1 second, Hp is will drain at 435 Hp/sec at 1 hp per tick for 870 hp total giving you 2 seconds before all damage is received.
-If damage is continuously taken while hp is being drained or when player takes fatal damage, the rate at which it drains will increase respectively until eventually it is instantaneous.
-Unequipping armor while hp is draining will make the player receive damage instantly

Thoughts: This is how i imagine a practical matrix armor would work. It keeps players from getting popped which is something the actual matrix armor can’t do (since you have to be under 75 hp which is unlikely when getting popped) however will only give the player a brief moment to respond to either heal or nexus, briefer if more damage is accumulated. Minor damage will be quickly neutralized if paired with a good pet but typically moderate - major damage can’t be overcompensated by a MAX divine i.e. 200 damage resulting in 100 hp/sec drain > 90 hp/sec heal. Feedback is appreciated.

i dont get it so if i were to take 10 100 damage shots during a period of 5 seconds I would instead take 200 damage every second

Not quite. So you’re saying you take 10, 100 dmg shots in 5 seconds. That’s about 200 damage per 1 second. Normally if you only take 200 damage, the armor makes it so that it drain 100 hp/sec for 200 hp instead. But since damage is accumulated its 1000 total damage and because its accumulated while hp is still being drained (supposedly), the rate will be faster than 100 hp/sec and will drain until your 1000 total damage is taken out of you. If you do not have >1000 max hp, it will drain until you die unless you nexus or heal in time. Basically damage is not changed, it is just taken and spread out over time. It is a bit confusing. Creating a function for that would be complicated admittedly.

Awesome idea I do like a DOT mechanic for a game like ROTMG. My recommendation though would be a time that starts when taking damage in .1s intervals. So 600 damage in 1 interval is spread out in 200/200/200 for example .5 tick a second. However taking damage in another interval would also give you damage, say another 300 after the first interval, now damage taken would be added when taking DOT so say damage is applied in the second tick of the first interval. DOT would now be 200/300/300/100. Manipulate all the numbers as you see fit, it is more to show the concept. Basicly taking each segment of damage and adding it to DOT to achieve a reliable and measurable amount of damage.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.