Meme Thread

If we’re talking about it like that :flushed:

memes like this are paradoxical in nature anyway, they basically make fun of mainstream or overused memes/meme format (a form of meta irony I guess), and over time they twist and contort and are disfigured to the point where they become either overused or mainstream and lose their original meaning along the way, thus defeating the point of them.

you have to have an understanding of what they’re making fun of in order to enjoy them anyway, otherwise they’re only jokes for people who “get it”.

and its funny that you mention the progression of meme culture, since it looks like we’re coming full circle now with the resurgence of rage comics.

Or its none of this and its just someone who doesn’t like void memes

(jokes that require meta irony to function aren’t that funny in the first place)

I probably miss way too many mainstream things XD

yes exactly! i think that’s basically the punchline of this meme… it’s cynical and autophagous… but I think pretty good :3

lmao yes memes as cultural capital… and you’re right, rage comics are coming back! This meme is a sort of perverted rage comic that escapes its own frame. I wonder whether that sort of archaic revival itself benefits those ‘in the know’… who were there when rage comics etc were popular. But this is all hollow blather. Good meme <3

this got oddly philosophical for a thread about memes

my bad here’s a meme for compensation :)))

Just look up void memes to find the edgiest crap you’ve seen made by people who take this crap way too seriously

On another note, edgy people make me physically cringe, I just, I feel secondhand embarrassment so easily, so seeing 12 year olds talk about how they’re supposedly capable of commiting murder and that rape is ok and that somehow this makes them a cool person, I genuinely feel the very same intense embarrassment that they’re gonna feel 5-10 years later

Edgy kids wack

Found this on my phone from way back (8

I know the feeling. :disappointed:

you thought it would be F.E.R.A.L, BUT IT WAS I, Black Water!!!

any1 who died to htt early on knows this

RIP first jugg 🥲

forgot about this thread, here are some of my favorites i saved over the past couple years

i will never look at hand dryers the same again

What my exaltation progress feels like.

any streamers?

I’m sure every OG player can relate to this

ahh yes, evangelion. watched it 2 times and still have no idea wtf is happening.

Idk if memes and stuff are acceptable here but I think it’s fun. If it’s not okay just delete it.
Share your favourite memes here. I’ll start us off =)

Transferred! Re-edit this as desired. -Book

red sus

Kageboshi posted on the forums <3