Memory Problem for Mac

I have a problem where my memory will reach ridiculous numbers while playing. I will start at 400 (Which from my knowledge is bad compared to others), but for the most part lag free. As I keep playing the game starts to get frame drop randomly, making it very hard to play harder dungeons where I can pop easily. Any solutions? I play on a Mac (OS Sierra), I play on Flash Player Projector (by far the best for my computer, browser too laggy and can’t access my account on Steam) My Flash Player version is 26.0.0.131.

Seriously, that’s 6 times higher than what i’ve seen mine peak at, I usually would give advice, but i’m no expert with this stuff.

I normally lose the mini-map at 1G usage and have to restart. I reckon that’s roughly a couple of hours…

Try using flash player version 18, works much better than the newer ones

I’m using Flash Player 18 on Mac, and it racks up to 2000+ ;-;

Hi,
Try making a quick search before you make a new post next time!

Switch to FP 18 or below. Turn off projectiles, sounds, hardware acc., put quality to low, etc.

Also @ProWinner Mac in my experience, is the issue you’re facing :frowning:

I think it is good he posted this because I play on windows while he plays on Mac, therefore the troubleshooting might be different

That happens to me as well.

The only fix in my experience is close the window and re-open it. That means a minute or more waiting, for it to close, for it to reconnect, and for you to get back in game. But it’s the only way to eliminate the lag.

What’s happening is ROTMG has one or more bad memory leaks. As you play the game it needs memory for game objects and assets. When you go to another area this memory should be released. But this is not happening. Slowly over time memory use builds up.

This has two consequences. First you can run out of memory, especially on a machine with 4GB or less, as the OS and other apps use a lot.

But even if you have more RAM the leak causes lag, due to the way Flash handles memory. It has a garbage collecting memory manager, which means it periodically goes through memory and removes things that are no longer needed. This is less efficient but much easier for programmers, who don’t need to concern themselves with the minutiae of memory management, they just need to take a few simple steps to ensure things will be deleted.

When programmers don’t take these steps the memory does not get released. But the garbage collector still has to check it, every time, to see if it is ready for deletion. And over time, as memory used and allocated object count grows, the GC has to check more and more and so takes longer and longer, causing the game to stall, causing lag.

Hey everyone, thanks for all the help. I finally, after years of battling lag, found how to fix the lag. If you are playing on a Mac, my advice is to use Wine to run Flash Projector 18 using the .exe file. It prevents the frame spikes a lot of Mac users experience while maintaining high FPS. I will provide links for both the Flash Projector download, Wine, Quartz (for wine) How to Open an .exe file with Wine. Once again, thanks to everyone!

Bro lmao I go to 2k
I play until its 2k
i have a shit mac xd

Also… I just tried your method and I’m wondering if you get the Language Error? I added my assemblegameclient.swf thing to the trusted list and it still doesnt work. When I use http://www.realmeye.com/appspot it also has a language error.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.