Merching Secrets

Here is my advice, if you think its a good idea: GO KILL YOURSELF! (ingame ofc, not irl)

Merching and scamming are the same, with both things you rip off the hard-earned loot of others without actually playing the game.

Nope in merching they are fully aware and willingly doing it merching is also kind of part of the game

Yes, because the non-merchants want to spend their time in the realm/dungeons instead of wasting their time with trying to get a good deal in the broken econemy.

Can anybody explain me what was so inappropiate about my previous post (which has been flagged)?

well basically you said go kill your self, it was flagged by the time i saw it

There is nothing wrong with trying to merch your items for profit.

For people wanting to sell/buy and get it done with quickly your best bet is to use realmeye trading. Takes almost no time away from your playing and you generally get the people that want to trade for your offer as posted.

Its tolerable when you need the 25 def to max, if you got items worth ~100 life pots pots in reserve (by the fact that scorchmist made the thread, I assume that he merches (screen of his md here)), and dont even need the profit of your merching, then its definetly not ok.

hey i like to have stuff in reserve. I die a lot and would one day like to retire from merching. I literally earn like 2-4L worth on most chars before they die and thats when they’re 6-8/8

edit: i get why you think its like that, it can be partly, but its not like the people i sell/buy to don’t know that they’re being ripped off.

I am not sure why you are upset someone wants to merch for profit or not. You can just ignore them and look for the deal you want. If you don’t like the price then move on don’t try to negotiate.
Personally if I need to buy or sell on the trading server I make a sign with the price I want. If I see someones sign and it doesn’t have a price on it then I don’t even talk to them because it’s an automatic negotiation. Waste of time unless you are merching.

see for those merchers in realmeye trading section like shaam i just mark him as bad merchant so all his offers goes towards the bottom.

The ultimate merching guide:

Actually play the game

(inb4 giant argument of semantics)

That, Stop watching leafy

actually this is kinda ironic, since i merch, therefore you telling me to kill myself, and remember in that forum game (prob corrupt a wish) a while ago where i got wished to kill myself twice by you

I personally don’t purposely merch (i.e. Go out of my way to merch in USW3) because,

a. USW3 is cancer. So is constantly refreshing RealmEye to look for that deal.

b. You could probably make more profit by playing the game and waiting for others to message you vs. actively looking for deals.

What I do do is post offers with the same price as everyone else. Usually, these prices are already a rip-off so I occasionally get offers while I’m playing, so it’s win-win.

I changed it to “kill yourself (ingame ofc)”

Is 20$ ok?

That’s LITERALLY the worst payment I’ve heard in this cringey existence of the internet on the whole website that is Realmeye.

A THIRTY YEAR OLD MAN is attacking me, wow, LITERALLY a THIRTY YEAR OLD MAN. Wow.

Let’s just try to refrain from personal attacks. They are wasted energy and only detract from worthwhile conversations.

As for merching…

Saying that it’s not okay for someone to merch doesn’t make any sense to me at all. Unless, perhaps, “merching” is being confused with “RWT”. For the purpose of this conversation, let’s please not discuss RWT at all. Let’s consider “merching” to be engaging in consensual trades with other players of in-game items to produce an in-game net gain.

I think if you find that to be reprehensible, at least offer up a logical reason why it may be a detriment to you or the game or something. Otherwise you appear to be just closed minded about allowing other people to enjoy the game freely in ways that they find enjoyable.

I have never been a serious merchant. However, I have tried from time to time to make a little study of the in-game economy. There are several inter-related layers of the economy, and even if you are not a merchant it may serve you well to understand ways in which that economy might affect you. In past experience, trading conversations have exclusively been at the bottom level (“what is the price of life?”). I have never seen a serious discussion of the economy above that level, and I think it would be interesting to see one.

tell us more

There are many factors that affect the economy in RotMG just as there are in real life. Availability of item in question is the largest factor, how easy it is to get. Peoples perception of what an item should be worth. How new to Rotmg the item is. If the item fills a need in the game. Sometimes its plain ordinary SWAG that drives an item price.

In the past I have found that prices are slow to change when its the people that have the items that are in demand. The problem they have, when the sales slow down but they are too stubborn to drop the price in the hopes that they will slow the availability and keep the prices artificially high.

For example: when Kabam was releasing ST items to the alchemist for sale/gambling the prices of these items were very high. The first week to 10 days the prices were high but when looking at realmeye selling you could see more than 100 people selling the items for the initial high price. I put an offer on for about 50% of the average price and was able to buy the stuff. I did that type of buying for every item.