Message from ignored spambot still gets through

had this bot ignored but loading into the nexus again it managed to get off another sentence
??

Trivial Issues Thread

I think someone explained this before - the block lists are like something DECA added on top of the chat interface, and sometimes it lags and takes a second or two to kick in when you load into a new area. Particularly an issue with bots who PM as soon as you load into nexus…

This one is not just an Exalt bug because you see it happening on Flash too, so I don’t think it’s a Deca-to-blame thing cause it’s probably the same ignore system that there’s been since way back, but the basic description of how it is happening in @Twitchystr’s post I think is right, because it takes some short time for your ignore list to be recognised by the game, the vile bot gets a message away before the ignoration kicks in.

Sad thing is Deca seems never to do any kind of spambotban because it’s literally the same bots that have been in the game for months or years in some cases. Maybe they would if players submitted support tickets but perhaps nobody can be bothered because really it’s not on us, is it?

I had this same problem ages ago, but then it was only on occasion, and at a point it went away. Now it’s constant every time I’m in Nexus. It’s so annoying :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.