Metal scraps?

so I haven’t seen a way to get more than 1 metal scrap per realm. since you only get one alien invasion per realm. is there any other way to get the metal scrapes?

MotMG 2019 Discussion Megathread

Short answer: no.

Not atm unfortunately, the only source is getting 1 scrap max per realm by doing sb damage on the UFO. At the very least, it’s guaranteed as long as you hit the damage threshold, but it will definitely be a slow process to grind out the 100 scraps for a loaded reactor/entropy reactor.

However, the calendar features a leprechaun event. This is speculation, but just hope that the leprechaun is another source of metal scrap to speed things up. Otherwise, just go to a crowded server and grind it out with other peeps.

Imagine full clearing 100 realms to get a slightly better omni

It is at least 2x better than an omni. Imagine: 120 HP 90 MP 10 Dex 10 Atk 9 Spd 10 Def and a slurry of other stats. Omni is like 80 HP 80 MP 4 Dex 4 Atk 4 Spd 4 Def and more.

But equipping a mercy with the omni means you get 7 atk and 7 dex more and you also get a chance to equip a colo sword which is waaay better than a cutlass. Also the magic armour is not omnipotent, you can die with it. And if you want all the st bonuses, you have to farm a lot, probably even more than for an omni.

you also get 19 def and 60 hp less (roughly at least), which is not the best trade off imo

No. Omni would take way longer.

Actually, Omni is surprisingly common and accessible

That would depend on RNG really. I feel that Entropy Reactor along with the entire alien set takes longer to farm for cuz generally, it’s just more items to get. Let’s see here…weapon white bag, armour white bag, locked reactor white bag, each of the 4 alien core orange bag. Whereas for Omni, you gotta strike lucky just once, the alien set needs you to strike lucky multiple times in the long run

But at the same time, Omni can easily (and will likely) elude you for over 500+ voids. In addition, while I haven’t exactly done this current motmg (China :c) I can probably guess that the event dungeons are easier/take less time/are more likely to drop their white bags than the void.

For continuation/similar topic, see: Metal scrap farming