Minecraft Thread

I had to put this on the Minecraft thread, because nobody else has haha

(Also, I love that animation of Campires, Gamma! <3)

Steve, in MY smash brothers game?

oh god. oh god oh fuck IT’S LOOKING AT ME FUNNY aaaaaaa

provide your minerals

block video game

download

rate my skin

how do you become good at pvp

also @Demonseye eye it looks cool :smiley:

Pre-1.9 — Blockhit blockhit blockhit blockhit. I don’t have special hotkeys but it’s your choice, I prefer having a rod on Slot 2 so I can easily switch between 1 (sword) and 2 with my ring finger. Bow your opponent early on, chip some damage in as best as you can (save an arrow or two for later just in case). Use the rod a couple times to knock the guy back, then suddenly attack when they least expect it. Eat a gapple beforehand if you can, strafe left and right, try to take advantage of players with laggy devices, make sure you’re able to quickly switch to other slots if you need to use pots/soup/etc. I wouldn’t worry too much about crits (jumping makes you take more knockback). Have a decent CPS, you don’t need a 12 or anything (I’d personally stay away from butterfly or jitterclicking since it messes with aiming), but maintaining a solid 7-8 at all times is important. Speaking of aiming, that’s probably one of the most important parts. Hypixel Duels shows you your melee accuracy. If it’s bad, improve. Ah, yes, and make use of F5 – super helpful.

Post-1.9 — Always carry a shield. Use an axe instead of a sword. Load up multiple crossbows before you the battle (it’s fine if you don’t have crossbows). Before you clash, put up your shield and let your opponent hit you first. There is a delay so that you can’t immediately shield up after attacking. Right after they slash, whale on them them repeatedly and mercilessly. This way, you don’t take any damage while you can easily kill the other guy. Crits are must (depending on armor, axe crits can potentially two shot enemies). Rule of thumb: If they have two levels of armor higher than you (example: you have iron, they have nether), chug a speed pot and get the hell out of there.

Hop into the Hypixel Forum (or any Minecraft media) if you ever need more tips. Most of the people there know what they’re doing, and they’ve done it for a long time.

I always jump when I’m trying to land combos, maybe that’s my issue. I also get so annoyed when I do Hypixel duels because there are so many sweats and I’m not sweaty yet.

Yes, the one drawback of being the most crowded server is being filled with professional tryhards at act like Minecraft is their career. The fortunate thing is that pretty much every large server has a duel gamemode, and many have more chill/casual PVPers. Feel free to hop into those if need be! It’s also advisable to find a suitable duel mode. We all have preferences – some enjoy fast iron armor fights, while others seek diamond armor gapple pots heads duels.

I really like the UHC duels on Hypixel, but like I said, aforementioned tryhards.

just 1v1 me lol

And then there’s me, who struggles to kill a zombie and a skeleton teaming up when I have full diamond gear

Spent 30 minutes creating this masterpiece

My creativity knows no bounds!

Ok, I will admit my creation is haunted

why swap

why vignette effect

why no sword

because it’s post 1.8 and swords are meaningless most of the time

Cobwebs, melons, and hordes of enemies, that’s it

hmu on discord and we can do it

Unless you’re using a mob grinder, swords are pretty useless. Nether axe with Sharpness can do much work on single opponents, which you’ll be facing 90% of the time. Plus axes double as both weapons and tools, and all for the cost of one extra iron/diamond.

@Demonseye and I made a pretty neat house lol

And @GammaGamer axes have the drawback of running out of durability really quickly especially when fighting often. Once you get enchants that isn’t as much of an issue but otherwise swords do have an extra use.
despite preferring 1.9 combat I still like swords more lol

oh also I have an SMP server I’m inviting people onto https://discord.gg/gbtpazm