Minesweeper but without Cats

hi there!

most of you probably aren’t aware since the people I’ve mostly talked about this with are also inactive forum users, but I’ve been working on a minesweeper game! I’ve made the entire thing from scratch in C# using windows forms. I’ve finished the base minesweeper game and I’m sharing it around for testing before I start work on the most important feature: the ability to pull cat images and randomly change the background image to one of the new cat pictures.

I’m guessing it only works on windows machines but if some adventurous mac user wants to try, be my guest. the program will create a stats and saves file next to it so you may want to put it in its own folder but it doesn’t care how much other junk you have nearby.

you can get it here:

Minesweeper but with Cats for testing

the settings menu seems cramped.

now that’s interesting, haven’t seen that happen to anyone else yet. what’s your screen’s resolution at? does resizing the window do anything? it’s supposed to look like this:

If I’m looking at the right number, the screen resolution is 1920 x 1080. Even if I change the size of the cat minesweeper window, it doesn’t change anything. I tried but failed to change the size of the settings window manually. I also tried going onto settings and changing the display resolution (which Im assuming is what you re talking about) several times to different options, and i got the same problem each time.

(un)fortunately, I also found something else that might pique your interest:

Allow me to explain: start a game on easy -> exit the game and re-open it. the cat picture scales to the size of the screen (which is dependant on difficulty). If you do the same on normal, the cat picture enlarges but the ratio remains the same (1:1). On hard, if you close and re-open the window, the cat picture stretches itself out as seen above.

little do you all know that nested into the code is an elaborate BTC mining operation that is used to undermine the capitalistic economy, that which upon the USA has built itself upon.

Jokes aside, this is kind of sus

that’s intentional. classic hard mode boards are rectangular. if you try playing a hard mode game and win, you’ll see that the blobcat matches the board size just like it did for easy and normal. your last selected difficulty and other settings persist after closing the game which is why it looks like that on startup. I haven’t yet figured out what I’m going to do about image stretching when I put real cat images in there but that’s for later.

I can’t do anything about that, it’s going to trigger on everyone’s PC no matter what. it even happened to me and I’m the one who made it. if you’re actually concerned you can check out the source code on the github repo.

I’m not concerned at all.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.