Modifying AssembleeGameClientOptions.sol

hi, i would like to achive the following.

modifying the AssembleeGameClientOptions.sol file so that the monthly calender doesn’t show up when starting realm. it’s a feature that i don’t want on my mules.

1. is this ok to do or do i break the tos/rules?
  2. i identified the #calendarShowOnDay entry but changing its value only resets the settings to default values.

thanks for any suggestions/help.

modyfing the client is against the tos

well it’s not the client itself. it’s a settings file. still the same?

AssembleeGameClientOptions.sol

Doesn’t matter if it’s a settings file. It’s still tampering with the client and modifying the way in which the game is run.

ok i will not do it

Come on, clicking the close button for the calendar pop-up takes 1 second.

Yeah but most the time u click when u get on the game and the stupid thing brings you to the tinkerer

What i hate most is it causes me to miss any guild members greeting me.

It majorly screws up runs in the shatters discord. Everything depends on a quick server callout and arrival. If the key pops too late having to wait in the bazaar, there will be tons of crashers.

When the stupid calender pops up, the key has to wait super long because everybody clicks on it and gets sent to the login seer.

FYI to everyone: *.sol files are basically flash cookies. Guy isn’t modifying the game client, just the settings stored in the cookie. Before the game had accounts we all had to manage mules by carefully keeping copies of these sol files.

I doubt this would be a violation of the ToS in all but the most strict interpretation.

I thought I was the only one :o

guildies never greet me :frowning:

Most of mine were either saying “no u” or “REE” when I used to get on :confused:

I wonder why…

Still, Doc, wouldn’t it be safe to assume that Deca will enforce the strictest interpretation of the TOS?

I mean, they could. I guess. I can’t recall any legal precedent that establishes ownership of internet cookies.

You could argue a cookie in and of itself is not a copywritable piece of information. It is incidentally created by the Adobe Flash player, which Deca cannot claim copyright over. But Deca can simply say the opposite and you would have no way to redress their claim.

Personally I don’t think Deca has a leg to stand on legally, but if you want to be absolutely clean of any possible ToS violations then yeah, don’t edit sol files.

DECA STRICT

lol no

I imagine you’re using the relative directory:

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player#SharedObjects\RandomFolder\www.realmofthemadgod.com

Where as user and RandomFolder are defined per basis? I don’t know what to set the #calendarShowOnDay to… It’s an integer and mine is currently set to 17556. I know some actionscript but this is a bit over my head.
(Bad programming pun).

As Doc has pointed out, this is not against the ToS and I encourage further research, for all our sakes. I will continue to report back any findings.I’m currently using https://mariani.life/projects/minerva/ to analyze the sol files… Usually I use Atom(.io) as my editor, or JJPEXS for actionscript.

EDIT: This would only work (when we discover it anyways) on the flash projector using a link. Using a browser such as chrome stores cookies in an encrypted SQLite Database file. Using a client would be a pain in the ass after recent obfuscation to the source code on Deca’s part, besides modifying the game client is against the ToS and I, a mere player, knows nothing, or has ever, modified the client in any way… pls no ban deca

EDIT 2: Using https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/flash_cookies_view.html to easily access the sol files. If you know of an easier method, I’m all ears.

EDIT 3: The edit 2 was useless, back to the online editor.

.sol Files aren’t a part of the client, rather the client reads the .sol file itself. Modifying it isn’t modifying your client technically.

page up to bring history of chat?

Happens during loading screen. That chat is lost

I still haven’t found anything, but I thought of a different solution. Make a macro that closes the calendar when you start realm. Before I finish this reply, I’m going to test the possible key presses or mouse movements possible to escape.

Okay no keys can be pressed to activate anything of importance. Using a macro to click on a day wouldn’t work everyday once a day has been claimed, however in the bottom left corner there is “Go and Claim” button. Using a macro to target that button, followed by an immediate nexus key press, using the secondary nexus button f5, we could effectively get rid of the calendar, automatically.

EDIT: I am so blind… we can just use a macro to click the x in the upper right corner of the calendar…