MoneySense RotMG: Fastest ways to get rich today! [clickbait]

Edit - Record what you got from SBC runs!

I’m gathering drops info about LH’s runs, if you’re interested please edit the google docs below. You need to record:

• what you got
  • how long it took for the run
  • how long you waited for the next run

There are lots of thread out there about “how to get rich” but I really wanted to quantify it.

In other words: give a rough approximation as to how much wealth-per-hour you can accumulate by performing various farming strategies, and discussing pros/cons to each. Of course the data collected reflects my personal situation (i.e. legendary pet, maxed characters) and so the $$/hr numbers might not represent your own profits accurately, if you were to use that strategy. Still, I hope this can shed some light on at least a few ways you can get rich. :wink:

Things I want to try (open to additional suggestions):

• LH farming via Discords
  • Pitch tomb farming (3 players)
  • Glands exclusive
  • Glands + do every dropped dungeon
  • Sprites / Abysses / Sewers / Snakes / *some_glands_dungeon exclusive
  • WC farming exclusive

I’m going to leave out the chest events, because they’re often a really good way to get pots but can’t be done consistently enough to be considered a ‘method’ (drops for each event varies, and thus the wealth / hour).

Farming Methods

Sprite

Small-Realm Sprite Farming

Gist: Get an empty realm, find a safe spot near glands and place your alt there, go around killing only sprite children (for sprite worlds) and use your alt as a glands anchor.

Loot: 33 dex, 1 atk, 1 def in 30 minutes.

Estimated wealth / hour: 6-8 life / hour. Assumes selling dex 8:1 life.

Pros: Easily and reliably replicated, low risk of death, high whites droprates = potential feedpower

Cons: Needs an alt to be in-game, requires mass storage for dex, doesn’t always sell 8:1, alt could get killed, no chance of getting cool whites, not fun D:<

Rating: (5/8)

Abyss

Abyss Farming

Gist: Just your average abyss farming, find an “ideal” realm which means (a) not too many people, (b) people readily available to teleport to in godlands, and © godlands hasn’t run dry yet (the fresher the realm, the better). Pet level will dictate speed obviously, in both completing the dungeon and finding new dungeons.

Loot: 16 vit, 2 def, 2 atk, 1 dblade in 30 minutes.

Estimated wealth / hour: 4-5 life / hour. Assumes selling vit 8:1 life.

Pros: Easy to do whenever you want to, chance at dblade, some people find abysses fun.

Cons: Abyss farming is simply no longer as profitable as it once was; without guaranteed def drops the efficiency of this method is drastically reduced, since we assume the same 8:1 price as dex. Efficiency also highly depends on pet due to the nature of the dungeon being high / constant damage. Slightly risky if you’re trying to go for speed.

Rating: (4/8)

Getting Rich A$F: CM Noob Question 4
Question on the most time-efficient way to max a char

If you have your own recorded tests, feel free to post them. Looking for things similar to the “30 minute abyss farm challenge” or the glands farming tests Heromax did back in the day.

I don’t know anyone willing to buy dex 1:8 life

These guys for one.

It’s not consistent, but on [a site that shall not be named] I can always get it to sell overnight.

LH farming via discords(SBC full voids)
Gist: Get into SBC, wait for a rl to start an afk check. React and join queue. Get moved into Fighting Spooki Boi and wait for location. Get into the portal and don’t die.
Loot: 4 life 3 mana 1 acclaim 1 dcircle 1 t6 cloak in 1 hour
Estimated wealth/hour: 8-11 life/hour assuming that you do full voids.
Pros: Can be easily done with experience, good whites, lots of fame and high tier items along with life/mana.
Cons: Needs to be verified for SBC or a discord that can do full voids quickly. Can get boring over time. Potentially high chance of death. Runs don’t always happen.
Rating: 7/8

Thanks for the data!

For the LH one, I’ll be recording a few more runs (since loot can vary wildly: from getting the saddest MBC atk/def and 2 mana from void to tons of top/life) and taking an average while also recording the time it takes per run, and average waiting time between raids to get a more accurate picture. Perhaps I’ll aim to get at least 20 runs worth of data before posting anything.

Also, I’m not sure if I should differentiate void runs from cult runs, since (I think?) when you join a raid you can’t control which one you get chosen for.

I’ll also have to do runs from LHZ to see how runs differ between discords.

Edit: Actually could we get a group effort on this since I don’t do a lot of LHs…making a google doc

If you mean 8:1. Yes plenty of people do. I only really run halls so I’m always desperate for wis/dex/spd/vit. I buy all of them for 8:1 in usw2.

I log on once every 2 or 3 days to get a calendar item I may want… So 0.

Actually, I have marks so with the odd epic quest chest I get then my average would go up to about… .1

Welp, zero risk and shitty returns…so I guess we can dub your method…buying bonds? Or cookie clicker
¯\(ツ)

I think of it as the only right way to play.

Not raw data, but from personal experience LHZ’s “phalanx mode” is very inefficient

Out of 24 runs that I have participated in a void with LHZ, I have died in 2 and nexused from 3.

In 1 run (Led by @Desotroya) everyone had to nexus because some idiot popped vial before we had orgainzed. Excluding the other cases, out of 18 runs that did not involve me nexusing/dying; 11 out of the 18 runs had someone dead.

I prefer Lost Boys voids. Some leaders are pretty whack but most are organized, even if they take forever to split the groups. My first 5 voids ever were done with them and I didn’t need to nexus. LHZ is basically just a brute force void and from my experience they’re terrible at calling phases.

I can submit some data on other types of farming if you’d like. Recording SBC runs are out of the question for me because of my frame rates.

10/10 would agree

If you count being a couple of seconds late “terrible”

No need to record, I’m not recording mine either because frames lul! For those just put down what you got; I trust yall enough :wink:

@TROLLDLLR it’s always MBC for me because of the tentacles, and literally everyone on my screen (unlike void which usually splits group up).

mfw i get 10FPS in void with only discord+Flash 18 open

Ok, finally updated with another one xD. I could use excuses of MotMG and school, but nah I’m just lazy…

This time I did abyss farming. Note that abyss farming used to be the number one way to get rich–see Trof’s 100/100/100–but it’s no longer the case.

It’s still an OK method but not great especially since people buy dex 8:1, which is a much easier potion to acquire. Then again I’m not up to date with the markets, so I’m not sure if vit maybe sells easier. The one appealing aspect would have to be the white bag, since who doesn’t love dblade. :slightly_smiling_face:

Another thing: the runs I initially recorded for LH Void were all unboosted. I realize now that’s a bad idea, since almost everyone pops a clover right as MBC dies so they get the boost for both bosses. So I’ll do something else for that.

It’s really hit or miss with the Lost Halls.

When I run with the discord, most runs are to Void and my personal experience is 1 life every other void. Otherwise, it’s 2 mana. If we’re running only voids, we’re running really well, and things just don’t go wrong, I’m expecting 3-5 life tops in an hour lol.

If we run cults, however, I get like 2-3 life almost every run. We tend to only get 2 back to back cults at a time though so I can’t really go off of more than 4-6 life an hour here.

If I’m grinding out sewers (my preferred choice with rogue) and finding sewers within 2-3 minutes of reaching godlands and a rate of completion of ~3-5 minutes, that’s 6 def every~30 minutes or about 2 life an hour. This isn’t counting Grats or anything though and I tend to find those fairly frequently.

If I run abysses, it takes me about 3-5 minutes to rush with a pally and I almost always find a portal within a minute of going to glands. If I’m not counting treasure rooms (which I don’t find very frequently anyway), that’s roughly a life every 40 minutes. Maybe 2 if I get a def around every 3rd vit.

If we’re going speed/dex/wis, I might as well give up now because no one really buys these for life from me lol.

Attack dungeons just take too long to be effective. Same with Mana.

I feel that it would require just a mix to get the optimal “get rich quick” situation. Probably a sewer between every LH discord run? You tend to get enough of a break to get a dungeon or two in if you can rush.

Or farm Candylands and pray to RNGesus you leave with an inventory full of pixies lol

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.