Monthly Packages

We have all thought of this at one point for rotmg. Whether or not you thought it was a good or bad idea, or just thinking of ways they could do it.

I’ve always thought that if they could make some monthly/one time payment for a “rank” that would be awesome. Of course this would be VERY and I mean VERY hard to accomplish and not make it complete shit or overpowered.

Then I thought of companies like Lootbox, 1up, and Nerd Block. Basically subscription box sites. Maybe something like that would suit realm A LOT better. Monthly/Bi Monthly payments for themed items, maybe just vanity or even community reskins. Would be a better way to implement the community even more and host more events. There could be different tiers of packages. i.e. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond. $10, $20, $30, $40, etc.

Let me know what you think, would it work? Would it ruin the game? Is it to Similar to packages?

No

how does this reply only have 5 likes?

edit: THERE WE GO

I just like how the replies from the reddit post and realmeye post are COMPLETELY different.

One word. One purpose.

I highly doubt that very many people thought about this idea at all before you brought it up. However, I know that many people, most likely from experience with other games that had this sort of system, despise it.

No, they don’t despise it because it is another way to support the devs, they despise it because it is the first step in making a pay to win game, or worse, a pay to play game.

I don’t exactly understand what you mean by “hard” to accomplish when it comes to getting the rank. You say it is either a one time payment or a monthly payment. Both of which is not hard to do at all. All you have to do is pay money. The monthly payment however could be hard, hard to maintain.

One thing for about monthly payment in games that I hate is that it is not permanent. You could expend so much money but as soon as you stop paying money it is immediately not worth it anymore. The one time payment is forever, monthly is temporary.

Besides, if the rank was called “Donator” and I donated once wouldn’t I still be a donator months after I stopped pouring cash into the monthly payment?

Anyway, for the avoidance of “shit or overpowered”… That is personal opinion. For a game that you can spend money on cosmetics but no items that help you progress in the game the reward is technically always shit.

Another thing to keep in mind is that people spend money on vault space and character slots. They could easily get alt accounts and not support the developers. They instead choose to support them despite the hundred percent free option. This alone counts as a rank, the more vault spaces and character slots you have the more you supported the devs.

The thought of getting monthly/bi-monthly items sounds horrible to me. Not because of free items but because of how much these items would clutter my vault. Why not spend the money on something useful, vault space? Anyway, if these items were reskins I could just sell them for more wealth in potions. Basically just a way to convert real money into in-game wealth. So make them soulbound? Well now vault space is a problem again. At this point I’ll be throwing away money to make room or be spending more money to add room.

There are already plenty of ways the community is already being implemented with events. Skin contests are a prime example, they don’t affect game progress by being a reskin of a top/UT that is purchasable. Skins are purely cosmetic, reskins are still items at their core, items like the frostbite or diamond blades katana.

The game is fine as it is, hell it was even better before the addition of daily rewards that require no effort.

Oof, I didn’t realize how long this rant was till I posted it. Err have a :cookie: if you read the whole thing I guess.

You see people that are able to pay for packages absolutely adore it (like you). I’m not able to and I would prefer that it stays the way it is where you can get practically anything without paying.

dont insult my thoughts.

actually i have no clue what his is talking about

I don’t know why you would infer that everyone in the game has thought of this…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.