More depressing sprites by Tykhe[sprite dump]

Priest set[ wow so overshaded, not prod style wow!]

wew my first rogue set so garbage amiright

wow redone archer theme set feels bad man

[quote=“Tykhe, post:1, topic:10846”]
wow so overshaded, not prod style wow!]
[/quote]

you ok man?

but they look very nice, but you dont deserve my like due to your lack of self-confidence/annoyance and depression :wink:

me likey likey

Most sprites are not showing for me, only when I click to show them in another tab. Only the first, fourth and last sprites load, to be precise.

Edit: Ok, they load now, don’t worry @Tykhe.

i dont know it loads for me fine and im guessing other people have seen it since they have commented on the sprites as a whole. perhaps refresh and if not ill post in the comments

Yay…more over complicated sprites that are cheesily cool and pservery…

ikr they are so ‘cheesy’ and ‘pserver’ like. holy shit great criticism :)))))

Tone the colors and shading down a bit dude, this is Rotmg spriting not designing a new pokemon

it looks really good but it doesn’t really fit in rotmg tho, sorry

when half of these commenters dont understand why i commented “wow so unprod like”. I posted fanart not to implement into this dead ass game, but for criticism. Fan art is for anything and if you think it isnt prod like, well guess what it isnt supposed to be. “making the new pokemon has nothing to do with spriting”. I just happened to add more detail in sprites than regular prod garbage.

i dig all the armors, the cloak and quiver, and the dagger and bow

Techically it does since the new item releases cough cough warrior st set cough cough have been overshaded

Have you seen the new item spites? Kageboshi looks like a tidal wave and the warrior st set is overshaded too

i didn’t say anything about over shading, i just don’t think it looks like an item for rotmg

i just htink its annoying when you put that, because its very obvious it isnt for prod. it is just sprites. instead bring me feedback on my shading,palette, shape etc.

it’s hard to get effective criticism when you’re constantly setting yourself up for exactly the same kind of sprite-bashing you say you’re trying to avoid:

I think this time around instead of telling you to boost the contrast or reduce the colors, I’m going to ask you to scale back the attitude just a wee bit. :wink:

although if you want a sprite-oriented critique as well here you go:

the priest wand is just fine, it’s a major improvement from that lime popsicle blur dapper and I were fussing over way back. this is how you’re supposed to do heavy shading without sacrificing contrast and detail.

the tome uses more colors than I would like in my own sprites, but is also just fine the way it is.

the robe actually could use some work though, the way the neck gets super dark while the shoulders get super bright makes the “sleeves” or whatever look like they’re connected at the waist and extend upward.

dagger is beautiful, no complaints.

in stark contrast to many other sprites you’ve made, the cloak and armor actually have too much contrast. the bright yellow edge of the cloak and the yellow on the armor clash too much with the white right next to it. try dimmer yellows near the white and/or dimmer whites near the yellow

the bow is a bit complex, every time I look at another sprite for a bit and come back I have a hard time telling what it is for a few seconds. not sure what you can do about it though.

the quiver is very nice, I like the shape and now small a change it makes while dramatically altering the quiver’s structure. excellent job

and the armor is a bit difficult to make out in places, the crisscrossing of the gold and red all over makes it difficult to make out the original structure.

now stop fishing for compliments and reassurance, it’s extremely annoying.

I don’t believe I am. This post was meant to satirize the comments in most of my previous post of sprites where criticism was minimal but always “not prod like”. You could bash it all you want and I wouldn’t care.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.