More Experimental Settings

So we all know that Deca recently (kinda) added settings which disable a couple of visuals that cause lag (i.e. other player’s particles). But what if we could take a step further and add some more visual-disabling settings?

I came up with these ideas when I started to wonder how players could make game-videos that are clean just like the official trailer and not plagued with on-screen information that is not important to viewers, and as well as other components that could reduce lag to other players.

Disable Ally Identification- When enabled, name tags and star labels below other players disappear.

Disable Red Characters- You know, when you get hit by a bullet or debuff, a red word/number appears on top of you and others (also the enemy you are attacking)? This gets rid of that. Also applies to armor-pierce and heal ones. This can actually reduce lag. You know those moments when a boss gets steamrolled so hard that the damage numbers overload and use up most of your memory? That gets rid of that.

Disable Header- When enabled, everything in the top of the screen (header) disappears,including the fame and gold numbers, the deal/gift vault/rank/davy keys seen on the top left, and anything else on the top. Can shield some new content makers who want to hide their sensitive gold information.

Disable Ally Cosmetics-Turns off other player’s skins, dyes, and pets.

Reply below what you think

Reducing Screen Clutter

Don’t see why not. I mean, it shouldn’t be too tough to add these features in, and especially the red character one seems helpful.

Cause let’s be honest, in most gameplay situations, we don’t read the damage dealt by each bullet.

These suggestions aren’t bad by any means. My only concern with them is whether or not they’re possible, and I have a ton of faith in Deca.
6/10. You put a lot of thought into this. Nice job.

Disable curse visual effect (everything is red)

An extra +1 for disable player tag, because I want ti see their Hp bar dammit. Healing is tough…

If deca can disabled ally projectiles, then it wouldnt be THAT hard.

disable player identicifation *hacker :tada: *

this has nothing to do with letting hackers get away with hacks. Do you not know that every setting in experimental mode (and so here) is always client-sided and only changes your view in the game? If someone disables player identification, then its just all the names and stars of others disappear. I never said that it would hide your name from others, did you even read the details?

yes, i read it. and what i mean by that if you’re activating it and see people hack you can’t easily report them because you need to turn it off first

at the same time, that’s the same thing with the disable ally particles settings thats already ingame. What if theres an aimbot hacker or a hacker whos shooting through walls? You can’t find out since bullets or attack animations, or even direction of fire doesn’t show when that is on. Besides, its not like every person is going to turn this option on, theres probably going to be at least a few guys in the realm who has it off and can report.

Chiming in to +1 the red chars… Half of tge screen was filled with red chars otw to Oryx, earlier

Most hacked clients have a setting called “anti lag” which does basically everything you suggested and a bit more.

People actually download clients just to reduce lag because of the very aggressive particle reduction.

Pretty sure we could cut down on client downloads if Deca just included the features.

I’m not sure why they haven’t done this yet. It can’t be that hard.

yes

I know their is a 3rd party application that allows browsers full screen. But what if they added a complete full screen like F11

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.