MotMG 2019 - I find it boring

last year was a complete grind, in addition, people had to trade a whole set of cosmetic ubhp ring, cwhole, gscorc, and eldet(reskin) for ONE t13 weapon or armor. during the time, the set was worth 2+ decas for one piece(i mean, i didnt see a higher price for one piece in usw2)

You do bring up some relavant points, but whine celler i guess? @moderators

Why would this be whine cellared were just trying to have a conversation about motmg change.

People are properly discussing about why MotMG is or is not boring and the plenty of pros and cons that come along with it. Definitely not WC-worthy. Threads that are WC-worthy are those that do not bring about constructive discussion, not threads that are negative.

Anyways, my take on this is how does one make MotMG…not grindy? The event’s gonna and has to last a month, and there’s a theme centered for this year. They could do a mark event, a chest event, but people will likely call it grindy either way, because this game centers around grinding to get better or more elusive loot in the first place, even without this event in the picture.

I guess making the planets randomise their layouts or wave order might help, but at the end of the day, you will feel a burnout at some point, cuz you have to grind for rewards regardless. I guess maybe the most optimum way is for them to save a ton of new dungeons, and release 1-2 every week and give it a chest event to give people an even stronger incentive to do them? Then again that is a lot of work to do, they may not have the resources to push out so much new content in a span of a month.

Either way, maybe Deca can open a feedback survey at the end of MotMG, and perhaps the community can voice out what they did or did not like about the event to find a better way of hosting it in the future

Na
Only for threads we really don’t want around, and this doesn’t even come close to that

I haven’t played a lot because I’ve been on vacation but personally I found the alien dungeons to be really boring and not at all interesting to do - honestly not really worth the grind for me because of how unappealing the reskins are IMO.

No, this is a completly legitimate discussion thread

As far as I’ve played…
What I disliked:

• You need a whole bunch of fragments for equips that, although definitely interesting in concept, don’t really stand up to their implied worth when put into practice (needing whites to bee truly useful)
  • Wormholes only appear once per Realm, or not at all, which kinda (read: really) incentivizes server-hopping
  • Although I’m glad Shaitan got its rework, have you tried dodging his shotgun by standing at the edge of the platform? Spoiler: you can’t.

What I like:

• 4 new dungeons that share the same base concept, but add something else as well
    • On top of that, their difficulty scales down when there’s only one player! Holy fuck when is that going to bee implemented into other dungeons!
  • Lotsa cool reskin whites
  • Rock Dragon + LoD rework yee fucking haw

The amount of fragments required for the the new equips is rather large and another reason why I am not doing them.

I am pretty turned off by the fragment requirement for the new items and therefore I won’t have to server hop thankfully.

Have not been to the shaitans yet. I heard from some people that its painful.

Actually looking forward to LOD

It’s actually an exa def ring and the sun set was dropping fairly frequently during the event so it was NOT in fact worth 2 decas, it was just that everyone was buying for extreme overpay the first day the quests came out.

The set was really overpriced. I sold 5 sets for about 8 life a set at the end of the event just to get rid of it. I suppose I could have asked for more life or even Decas but I really just wanted to make room quickly

My good sir, you have a lot to look forward to!
It’s awesome–one of the best dungeon reworks I’ve ever seen.

A pity I haven’t actually gotten to finish one, I always dc :c

If you solo one, hope that your internet doesn’t die during the Wyvern’s spawn. I hope they fixed that already…

MotMG 2019 has its flaws, and I wouldn’t fault someone for liking MotMG 2018 more, it’s all a matter of opinion. But seeing people saying they’d rather have chest events 24/7 and basically saying there’s nothing redeemable about the alien events is rather depressing to me.
Even if the execution is flawed, the effort put into making something unique can still be appreciated, and we can hold out some hope, maybe, that maybe they will apply the feedback towards future iterations of event ideas.
My main gripe isn’t that though, but that a lot of the ideas to make MotMG better that I see are just “go back to chest events” instead of any innovative or creative ideas.
I did enjoy the Shaitan’s chest event (the one that is usually brought up when it comes to good chest events; surprisingly, the wlab event that happened a month or two before with really nice drop rates kinda got forgotten, I thought that one was a nice balance as well). I think what I liked about it was the wide variety of loot (and also the fact that you’d still get compensation rewards like moss tokens or dyes semi-regularly). However, I don’t think that having events of that calibre every week is very sustainable, which I think Deca also realizes but instead of just making chest events a nice occasional* treat from time to time, they just spam them with really bad rates every week…
I don’t understand why people are glorifying chest events that are on the level of the Shaitans chest event as a shining example of bringing the community together, either. I’m sure there are better ways to foster a sense of community than what is basically having everyone wait in the same area for a whale to spend a couple hundred dollars on keys and shoot figurative training dummies.

If the game even after Unity is just chest event spam, then I’m going to be less than thrilled. That’s really not a healthy direction for the game and I don’t think you’ll be winning veteran players back with that.

*if chest events were occasional treats, and if tokens dropped during the chest events, then these tokens would have to also be easily obtainable in other places (such as the Leprechaun during MotMG 2018 dropping moss tokens as well, something like that), otherwise it’d just be really grossly incentivizing key spam and nexus sitting during the event because unless the amount of tokens needed is really low you’re going to have a really tough time getting the rewards from the realm as opposed to sitting in USS. Ice Tomb event, and especially HUDL and HAbby event we had earlier is a great example of something where you have so much of an advantage from nexus sitting compared to if you wanted to do anything just from playing in the Realm.

No, I was doing with a small group and it eventually turned into a solo by the time we got to blue (we did Black-Green-Red-Blue), and then I got dc’d randomly when I walked over the ice in one of his phases.

I agree that this motmg is very lack luster.

This is my first motmg event so I don’t have the best references. But literally the only thing I’ve looked forward to is the login rewards (so far). I kept hearing on how fun it would be, and thought I would get tons of loot, skins, pet food, etc. But nope, I’ve had the longest break I’ve had from the game besides logging in in about 6 months… and I haven’t missed anything.

Some people like to grind, but not everyone has the time and patience to find SO MANY fragments just to get okay items. It’s an ambitious attempt and I appreciate Deca trying different things, but it’s just not fun, not engaging, no loot, grind fest.

I’m disappointed that I got my hopes up that high. Now I know…

ok, i wasnt sure.

wormholes are cool
thats all there is to motmg

Honestly…

Grindfest, it starts to get real boring. :confused:

I have nothing relevant to say.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.