MotMG 2021 Antinomy - Official Trailer

Actually, it doesn’t stack at all, so far. Gemstone’s higher reduction just overrides the existing one for MLab.

Aw man, I was getting really hyped for a god tier Priest support build. It would have been so busted though, so it is for the best. Atleast now I’m not limited to robe classes to get MP use reduction though, really excited for that! (Yo imagine if it lowers the MP drain of crystal shield that would be sooooo good!)

Not everything has to be a DPS item man. I personally think that stats on it are solid.

Just slapping a ton of HP on every ring is pretty boring. It is nice to see some rings offer a nice amount of def instead. At first I saw the gemstone gave 5 wis and was like oh god it is trash, but that ability it has is actually insane! It is going to be soooo good on samurai! I am really excited for it

Not a fan of the new sprites for those 2 items though. Maybe once I play through the dungeon they will grow on me though

it does stack, it’s just jank for now

Oh that’s pretty cool. Might wanna write that somewhere once the update rolls out.

It gives me eye of ender vibes
I don’t hate it tho

Now pair it with Resu and watch the Waki DPS goes brrrrrr

I am concerned about most of these changes.

1. I want to say that a shatters rework was absolutely needed. However, this doesn’t change the fact that lots of people maxed the ATK on their characters just sitting still. I think Deca should try to rectify this issue by introducing double exalt events and having shatters be the first double exalt event.

2. Like Godlander said, I fear that enhancements add more rng into the game. I think adding a random amount of “rune slots” to items is a terrible idea. Imagine getting a colo sword and being disappointed because it only has one rune slot. I also think enhancements will either be incredibly hard to balance or incredibly boring with little variety. Let’s say there’s an enhancement called “poison arrows” that “adds 10 points of poison damage to each shot”. This would likely make tshot far superior due to the high rate of fire it possesses. On the other hand, having an enhancement that adds +5 atk is just boring and unneeded. In addition, PiterGPL is absolutely right and I fear that there will be a catch to introducing item buffs into the game.

3. UT trading is a complex issue and I don’t think it’s a good idea to allow it back into the game. It allows mules to have immense storage potential and allows players to circumvent the vault limitations and forgefire limitations. It also allows players to obtain solid pet food (especially items like candy armor). I know this point is a pro Deca argument, but I think there needs to be a compelling reason for people to buy vault slots, forge materials, and pet food. I think that opening UT trading will cause several issues and Deca will have to “backpedal” (haha) by adding nerfs.

4. In my opinion the shatters loot is looking underwhelming. Bracer is basically a more defensive omni and gemstone now offers mana reduction. At this time I don’t see how they would change endgame play. The issue with bracer being a defensive item is that UBHP still offers more survivability. Gemstone still seems like a gimmicky item. For a dungeon that is supposed to be between halls and o3, I’m not impressed.

Also about enchantments, i hope that all currently existing items won’t become useless, and there will be a reasonable way to add enchantments to them.

Ok I have tested shatters on the PT.

Here are my initial thoughts.

1. The PT session today was well organized and I appreciate having high end gear to battle the boss. I still wish they could do the PT session on an event free weekend so you don’t feel guilty while you test.

2. Shatters visuals are nice and I like the atmosphere of the dungeon. EDIT: I forgot to mention that I really don’t like the new ring resprites and I think they should just keep the old sprites.

3. The new shatters feels like the cursed library. It feels like you’re actually supposed to ignore or “drive by” shoot at the new shatters minions rather than aim to kill them. To me, the new shatters enemies seem like big bullet sponges and honestly they don’t feel nearly as threatening as the original shatters minions. The big forgotten idol feels also like more of an annoyance than a threat.

4. I found the layout confusing and wasn’t sure where to go and which statues to kill. I’m sure I will become more familiar with time, but I still wanted to point it out. I think this could become an issue especially for discords trying to coordinate players.

5. The Forgotten Sentinel was hard. The boss fight is fun, but overall too challenging for the loot that is planned to drop from it. To me, the sentinel seems incredibly anti-melee. I was able to damage him during the spins (the DVD phase) and when he raises his sword to the sky, but struggled to damage him during the jump smashes and floor swords phase. Lots of the shots also armor pierce as well.

Again, I think the new dungeon is fun, but I think that the planned loot is just underwhelming.

If it was up to me, I would either add serious buffs to the rings or tweak the difficultly of the dungeon. If there will not be any white bag adjustments, I would make the boss easier.

I still firmly think there should be something done to address the ATK exalt issue.

This update is false advertising because it’s called antimony when deca’s actually gonna make alotomony.

Also the new bracer sprite looks like a pile of shit with whipped cream and a green m&m.

Majorly agree. The old Shatters, as appalling and rushed out as it was, still managed to at least solidly introduce switches as a mechanic. You’re dropped in a room with nothing but a seemingly inactive, damagable enemy. You kill it, and a path opens up as a direct, noticable result.
Whereas now, you’re dropped in the middle of nowhere with only a single prompt to “lower the drawbridge”. It’s unintuitive and unhelpful until you somehow figure it out as you aimlessly explore.

In its defense, you can craft Planewalkers from earlygame cyan bags. Those usually add up to <500 fp, as opposed to Planewalker’s 750, which is pretty solid for rare pets, and even okay-ish for legendary pets. I do agree that it’ll open up a whole can of worms of other issues. Namely, players trading whites for dungeons they don’t want to do at all, not even for the mark required to craft said whites.

I think it’s closer to an issue with the game’s design in the first place. There’s little incentive to speck into defense past the early/midgame, because everything will put you in combat anyway. You generally don’t need more speed than your max (or even just 60) unless you’re rushing towards a setpiece.

Health, on the other hand, just increases your margin for error by so much more. It doesn’t really help against slower whittle-down bullets, but those tend to be unthreatening in the first place. Instakills or taking lots of damage per shot give players less time to decide between staying and nexusing. And when that’s the most critical situation, why not bump up your health by almost a third of your usual max (for Robe classes)?

Egh. Rings are just a pain to properly balance.

This game is a pain to properly balance, given how it’s set up. ):

I was thinking about this. What does everyone think about being able to rush switches? The vibe from the OG shatters is that it is a terrible dungeon, but veteran players enjoy rushing switches. If you aren’t experienced enough, you can always just drag enemies one by one and kill them with the OG shatts. I personally like that you can still rush the switches, and you can drag multiple enemies at once now without making an unprepared group nexus. I think it is in a good spot but what do you guys think?

@DecaUnibro haha, remember the mad robe problem?
the one where you agreed on how broken being able to almost infinitely spam t0 tome is?

well… image

and so the zero skill priest set returns
space bar = live

i even tried to take some shots just to show how pressing space bar invalidates them

i wasn’t able to record mbc fight because of how bad the servers were, but it would have been easy. all you ever have to dodge are the silence pebbles. even pet stasis isn’t that big of a deal, mana can hold out until pet becomes unstasised.
the downside to before is that low hp stat the set has, not being able to wear a deca ring means more things can insta pop, but still, given you aren’t quieted not much can out damage the amount of healing this priest has.

replace that t0 with a fungal tome, and priest can sustain a small group with ridiculous hp/sec

Uh Oh

So now they’re gonna nerf gemstone even more?

Imo I think it’s powerful but not invincible. Stuff can still sit on you. I would let it stay.

Honestly I would be kinda sad if they nerfed gemstone. Maybe don’t allow it to stack with mad lab robe, even though that seems un-intuitive to the player…It would still see use that way