Mouse Controlled Character, Key controlled cursor

Because sometimes, you want more directions than just 8 directions. This optional setting will turn your mouse cursor into a red pointer, which your character will follow. The aiming reticle will be controlled with your keyboard keys, which I believe most people has in WASD.

The character speed changes based on how far your cursor is to your character. If it is within 1.5 tiles to your character, you will not move at all. The further your cursor is to your character, the closer you will move to your max speed. If your cursor is 4 tiles away or more, you will move at 100% speed, with everything in between of 1.5-4 tiles as a gradient form 50%-100%.

Also, if your cursor is 4 tiles or more, its sprite changes to a double-pointer/fast forward symbol. Your cursor rotates based on its location to your character. Its pointy end is always pointing away from you.

Alright, please bring your reasons to why you will or will not use this setting!
Personally, I would use this setting to navigate through bosses attacks, especially in tombs, or shatters.

I won’t use this
Because can’t aim with w a s d

Something like this is too OP; changing your speed at will is something DECA has probably avoided.

Oh, really? This is the first time I’ve heard about it. What’s the explanation behind that?

Very very important question: how do I stand still with this?

Also, what about camera rotation?

This will feel super weird to use because most games that do stuff like this don’t have screen movement. It’ll be really hard to use but yea whatever I guess some people like that shit.

People that play DotA or league of legends
Might like this control

@Werbenja, hmm… good point. In this setting, you would need to put your cursor exactly at your character to stop moving. I think having the first 1.5 tiles from your character outwards be the “no motion zone” , with 1.5 being 50% speed, and 100% being full speed. I’ll edit that now!

@LukeyxD Hmm… good point. One example with that I based this one upon are the DS legend of Zelda series. It felt pretty natural there, but you used the stylus, which helps with its control scheme. I was thinking how we can only move in 8 directions and this was the solution I came up with. Of course, if We can go Joystick levels of control, it would be awesome but we won’t be able to access our hotkeys.

The thing is you control the screen on dota and league, and that’s point and click not lead.

Close enough
:dark_sunglasses:

Games that use mouse lead control have incredibly fast and responsive player characters, with the speed a realm character moves it would make feel very sluggish, it would probably me ridiculously hard and I doubt the game would even be able to have different speeds than your current speed stat this along with directional moving I would wager are hard coded in and will not ever change.

You would probably stand still by moving your cursor on top of your character (or like the middle of the screen if you’re off-center)

I’ve just heard it when an idea rose where you could slow down your character with a button; in conclusion, it was regarded as an OP idea because of easier dodging and stuff

What would happen if you can’t hit something? 4 directions is a awfully small amount of directions to hit.

I think in sophomore year, my friend legit made a double-mouse keyboard for realm, where the right mouse was shooting, and the left mouse was wasd, with right click for nexus and left click for space.

(Btw he died on a 6/8 in glands when testing it because he forgot to add a nexus)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.