[MT discussion] Why did Daichi get nerfed, but all the minions were unchanged?

in particular I’m thinking of the corrupted bowmen who often spawn in groups of 5 or 6 and their arrows that deal 145 damage with 12.5 speed, 12.5 range and paralyze for 1 second that isn’t telegraphed at all, especially since 12.5 range is easily enough to get sniped off-screen and have no idea what the hell killed you, but… yeah. Corrupted armor hurts a lot, but they still have to actually sit on you to really hurt, or try to rush on a rogue… I’ve only done it before because I had mg cloak.

However, the bullets that they removed from Daichis final phase were kinda fine because even though it was a shotgun of three bullets, it was telegraphed, it only had 10 speed, not 12.5, and you could throw off their aim. Apparently, though, that was too much for the whole of RotMG community and now we have a dungeon where the minions feel more in-line with halls or the nest, rather than MT.

when? during testing? I still see them often spawn in groups of five or six.

I thought the paralyze duration or the projectile speed were changed, but I couldnt find anything about it. Maybe I mixed something up with the archer puppets.

Archers are too OP. Otherwise, I’d solo Temple more. The archers just paralyze and destroy you tho… it’s not even fair

Confuse? Fine I guess, But a swarm of paralyze death…

what even

Guess Deca really hates rushers.

Didn’t make sense to me either. It perhaps was a bit too brutal before on melees, but now it seems weirdly too easy.

HP scale is also pretty annoying in there, since there’s a lot of leeching that goes on at the boss, and that would have been a lot worse if we still had the original last phase.

@Mynamerr yes regarding Theatre they did early on reduce the frequency that you met archer puppet rooms, and their paralyse with knight puppets made a brutal combo, you may be remembering this occurring.

I feel like the archers should slow instead of paralyze, it’s quite hard to escape once faced with a horde and you get hit.

hmm… I could totally see like, .3 seconds paralyze and a second of slow, I think that’d be fine, but they often spawn in groups far too large for a second of paralyze not to shut down a mountain temple run, because the one or two maxed characters were forced to nexus for not dodging well enough.

To be fair that’s a normal reason to nexus.

What you meant to say is that those single paralyse shots can really screw you over which is stupid considering that all the other attacks of any other MT enemy are easily tankable/dodgeable.

Confuse shots: bad if you’re hit, but slow and far enough apart to be dodgeable.
Slow shots: reasonably fast, but tankable.
Pet stasis shots: large gaps that allow you to dodge, medium speed.
Paralyze shots: bolts of unholy death that fly across your screen and end your dungeon run.

At least they keep you on your toes, but I would say that decreasing the duration so getting chain-paralyzed is less of an issue, or making the enemies stasisable so there’s a chance of survival if you have a mystic (though this would make dungeon ones kind of reliant on mystic, which could be bad).

Single paralyse are not too much of a problem as one can’t chain paralyse you: the gap between shots is a fraction of a second longer than the paralyse duration so you have time to get out. Or if it’s just one of them tank a couple of shots while you kill it.

It is an interesting dungeon. Easy to solo, just not with the classes normally associated with soloing dungeons. Melee in particular have a hard time in there, stasis is no use, paralyse only works on some things, and there are more hazards for Rogues than most dungeons.

Piercing is very useful, not only for the quiet-inflicting spawners but against crowds of 2 or more that might otherwise overwhelm you. Slow works against anything and makes enemies easy to outrun or line up to shoot. So a Ninja is better than melee, a bow class with slow even better. Sorc too with Fulmi, though it takes a little longer to kill things.

The other classes good for it are those able to inflict damage from a distance, especially over walls. Wizard and Assassin in particular can weaken and thin out groups before finishing them off with a weapon.

It’s not too bad for Rogue, as long as you don’t use cloak against the confuse inflicting enemies. Just drag them one by one like everyone else, unless you can Plane around them.

Standard processing time for common sense is 6-8 months. Check back later to be disappointed.

haven’t read the thread but if this is a thread for discussion, might wanna post it in the discussion thread

Agree. [Moved topic :arrow_right: to #game-discussion]

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.