Multiple Characters on Realmeye

We all know the greatest flaw with realmeye is that you can’t have multiple characters of the same class… so lets brainstorm some ways it could!

I was thinking something with character creation date? not sure how it would work though… maybe adding an internal id to each character created, so when it dies realmeye knows the spot is free? idk.

It’s a good idea, but I don’t think it’s possible :expressionless:

First, this old post from Doc.

The second reason is just that between adblock and the fact that they’ve closed donations, Realmeye doesn’t have a super steady revenue stream. Allowing additional characters might take up some valuable server space.

why tho?

I don’t know. They only did it when the site was in its infancy.

Maybe the people who run Realmeye are just stacked Saudi princes.

Anyways, with the multiple characters thing I think that it’s more likely to be a technical limitation than a financial one. The price of running both Realmeye and the forums is significant enough (probably?) where it feels to me like the big bosses aren’t overly concerned with making this a profitable enterprise.

But I honestly don’t know with the prices. Maybe someone who is more well versed with all of this stuff could provide input on how costly running a website is. I know that storage is cheap, but it seems like Realmeye would do a lot of relatively expensive database updating.

I’ve moved this out of #feedback because that’s for forum changes only. You’d have to contact MrEyeball directly for any changes to features of the main RealmEye site.

But for discussion purposes:

Deca did add a <Creation Date> for new characters (patch X.21.0), although as Doc’s post linked above implies, RealmEye would require this info to be publicly visible to other players, and therefore MrEyeball’s bots, for it to be usable. I don’t know if it is visible or private info.

Although even if it was visible, it’s only a day, not a date/time, so say if you created several knights on one date, in several empty slots, they’d all have the same date. So on its own, I don’t think this would get us any further than where we are now, with RealmEye unable to tell the difference.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.