My Grand Exchange

After doing quite well on the subreddit a few months back, and no criticism I couldn’t break down, I will now post it here.

The Grand Exchange is probably the best way to trade in a video game. Look here for an in depth response to what the GE is: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Exchange

How it will work:
-At a cost of 500 realm gold, you will be able to use it, no chance at buying with fame since that will lead to the influx of famebots.

-A maximum of 3 trades can be posted, all of which will hold onto your items to prevent any duping exploit.

-Once your items are in the GE the will be taken down after 13 hours.

-You can not withdraw the items.

-To prevent people from using the GE as a way to hold your items, your trade has to be in the range of which most people are selling at. This will not take effect if the item is extremely rare.

-UTs that drop before the GE was implemented would be locked,making it so UTs that drop after the GE is implemented will be tradeable.

-A typical easy to use user interface will be implemented, with quicksearch.

-GE can have it’s own server, which might be a problem, so I would say just connect it to every server above the realms room.

(My original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/53967p/grand_exchange/)

-Leave any constructive criticism please, and don’t be surprised if I try to prove you wrong.-

Wonder Trade In Realm
Addition Of Trading Centers
The Grand Exchange In Rotmg
Trading Posts in Nexus
The Grand Exchange In Rotmg
In-game Trading
Offline Trading ~ Marketplace

why is paying for it a requirement at all? shouldn’t it be available to everyone?

what is the point of that? what if I change my mind?

that is player-based and not controlled by DECA, they can’t do anything about that, setting a range for what things are worth is meaningless and subject to radical change whether DECA likes it or not. [not that they care or ever should]

that solves nothing and is just as game-breaking as making UT’s tradeable without this “grand exchange”

overall, this is one of the more thought-out “grand exchange” ideas I’ve seen, but it’s on this list for a reason, they try to objectify something that is and always will be subjective[quote=“FireFire, post:1, topic:2906”]
-Leave any constructive criticism please, and don’t be surprised if I try to prove you wrong.-
[/quote]

I dare you

-To prevent people from abusing it for more trade slots

-As I said, for the fact of allowing it to just hold your items.

-I did not mean the exact amount, just so nobody can make their price extremely unreasonable

-This isn’t game breaking at all, you can not dupe the UTs since the once that were duped are now locked

that is probably the single most naive phrase I have ever seen, you can NEVER stop the hackers, that’s what makes them annoying. they will ALWAYS find a new exploit or make a new hack that lets them get away with what they want. There are a few things that can be circumvented to make hacking unfeasible (the multibox fix), but duping is not one of those.
You don’t even have a suggestion for preventing the dupes in the first place! what’s to prevent them from duping more?

What if that’s what I want? to filter out the normal people so I can get to the desperate? you’re removing the subjectivity of value from items, something which will never work out without angering more people than it’s worth

how is that any different than making a dozen mules?

-Everybody knows soulbound duping doesn’t exist.

-I will give you an example: 1 Def for 2 Vit, most people would do that, but if it is like 1 Def for 5 Vit that would be drastic. Anything under 2 Vit is not drastic enough for this system to take place.

-This is to prevent people from holding their items on their actual account, mules are a total different fucking problem.

you know why? because it’s soulbound in the first place!

what’s the difference?

you’re still trying to objectify the subjective, if someone wants to be a greedy little dirtbag they have the right to do so. it’s a reflection on what it’s worth to them. who knows? maybe something could happen and vit becomes super common

-You don’t understand, once the item is in the Grand Exchange, in cannot move, I am not saying unsoulbound UTs, I am saying they will only be tradeable via the grand exchange.

-It’s the same reason why you can’t put items in your gift chest.

-Alright? So then the amount will adapt.

how is that any different that unsoulbinding it in the first place? If i was a hacker and suddenly there was a way for me to trade my crown for some sweet loot, even if it wasn’t through normal trades, there would suddenly be a point to duping the hell out of the crown.

so make mules!

-Because there would be no way to dupe it since it is stationary until traded. You have no control of what happens to it until it is traded or the 13 hours ends. I can’t believe you are not getting this.

-Mules has nothing to do with this, fuck off with the mules, I don’t even get the point you are trying to bring up, of fucking course you can put items of alternate account, with the price to use the fucking grand exchange most people aren’t willing to abuse it since it will cost them money.

-In what way? It is just in place so that the person can not drastically raise their price. Having a cheap price is just a steal, people having a drastic price is the problem, if you don’t want to trade your items, put them on a mule.

what kind of an idiot hacker would put it in the exchange and THEN try dupe it? obviously they would dupe first, they’re not THAT stupid.

that is the point, why go through so much trouble to prevent people from getting extra space when you can get extra space anyway?

I’m getting tired of explaining this over and over again

you haven’t even looked at that list have you? here it is:

-YOU CANT DUPE SOULBOUND ITEMS, SOULBOUND ITEMS WILL ONLY BE TRADEABLE VIA THE GRAND EXCHANGE HOW ARE YOU NOT GETTING THIS

-For fucks sake, so people can’t spam their offers. That is so obvious.

-And holy shit, you are looking way too close at this idea, it is just so people can’t make ridiculous offers just so they can have extra space.

oh I’m sorry, you wanted someone to like your idea, not find the flaws in it and then stand by what they see. looking closely is what I do and how ideas are perfected, if that’s not what you’re looking for I’ll shut up.

That isn’t what I am saying at all. Lower offers=Okay, great, they will be taken instantly. Sure, highball offers will exist and won’t be ridiculed, it is only for extreme offers. Not for just greedy people, it is for people who have no intention to trade and are just abusing it.

That would mean the only way to mitigate the RNG on event whites would be to pay real money. Textbook pay-to-win.

You must not be very familiar with the concept of time zones, different work schedules or different sleep schedules.

That would allow a minority to completely seize control of the market as long as they can agree on a price, or some asshole could do the same by writing a price guide.

Right now the game isn’t able to make that distinction, and rewriting the code so that it can make it would lead to solving duping, making this entire GE system completely pointless in the first place.

Your naivety is charming. Duping doesn’t necessarily require trading, you just need to confuse the server enough so that it thinks your item is in two places at the same time.

I have friends who have 30 Bracers and 30 Crowns, for example. I don’t think it’s an enjoyable way to play the game and it would really destroy all the enjoyment I get out of looting rare UTs, but it’s possible nonetheless. Their method was patched, but in theory SB duping remains a possibility.

-It isn’t pay to win, it is pay for a system that allows you to trade items easier, while including the ability to trade soulbound items. (And I really doubt 500 gold is gonna break the bank)
-I am pretty sure 13 hours is quite a long time for most time zones to see it.
-It won’t be enough to overwhelm the system. As I said for them to do that the item would have to be quite rare, which I literally said wouldn’t be applied.
-It’s an idea. It can be done without completely rewriting the game and you know that.
-So you’re saying it doesn’t exist?

If you can buy a Jugg for 500 Gold and cannot buy it for 0, that’s pay-to-win. Toying around with semantics isn’t the same as debunking an argument.

That could actually work, if your GE system automatically sends the other person’s items to your gift chests.

They don’t need the item to be rare, they just need to have enough control over the market. Weren’t you around back when price guides were still a thing?

If you want the game to be able to make a distinction between old UTs and new UTs and to prevent the new getting as duped as the old, you need a serious rewrite of the game. That’s just how it is.

I’m saying I don’t know of any currently working method, but I know for a fact it can be done.

-You aren’t buying a jugg for 500 gold, you are buying a trading system that allows trading soulbound items.
-To control the market in my eyes would be a lot more than 50 people. It would just be a lot of effort to do so, and wouldn’t be worth peoples’ times.
-I never said make the soulbound items distinct. It could be as easy as just making the item different from the soulbound item that dropped before the GE was implemented.
-If you know it can be done, but there is no way of doing it, it doesn’t exist, it will exist when somebody figures it out, it doesn’t exist currently.

Again with the semantics? Rephrasing isn’t debunking.

There have been at least two price guides that were written and managed by one guy alone and the last one I’ve seen was Tomb Raider’s which was a guild effort. Less than 50 people, still controlled the market.

umm,then why did you post this here…???

if you dont want some dissecting your idea, reddit is the way to go.

uhhh, i havent read any of the other comments, but its too confusing for my small brain to understand…

Wasn’t it recommended that GE’s weren’t mentioned in the ideas section?