My Idea for Buffing Oryx

Guy’s, look, I know that a lot of you have shit on my ideas recently (because they were bad ideas) but I think that I got something that you are all going to like, hopefully. Oryx’s buff is LONG overdue. He is almost exactly the same when the game first came out, not a lot changed other than his hp. Here is my idea for his buff. Since I am not a pixel artist I can’t show you how the knew things would like that, so just bear with me and use your imagination. Oryx 1 should be replaced with a guardian of some sort that is a lot harder than the stone ones. He would be the protector of the wine cellar. He will have 150,000 hp (Oryx 1 has 85000) , he will be immune to stasis and paralyze, however, there will be a few stages where he can get stunned, but only a few. I don’t really want to describe behavior or phases, so I wont. The guardian, will be like the marble colossus, where he shoots out very powerful shotguns for some time before he dies. The chamber also would be different, I am not sure what’s the best way, but it would definitely be smaller than Oryx chamber is today. The wine cellar will stay relatively the same. But the boss should be Oryx’s brother, who acts as if he is drunk. He would be saying gibberish most of the time. He would have 200000 hp (compared to Oryx 75000). When he dies he will drop another dungeon, called Oryx’s Throne Room. Now here is where it gets interesting. Oryx is completely revamped. He now has animations, he is larger, and scarier. He would have a whopping 600,000 hp, (100,000 less than the Marble Colossus). I am not going to get into specifics, but I would envision for him to be one nearly as hard as the Marble Colossus (not quite though), but just as scary as the Void Entity. Oryx would drop be the one to drop the t14 weapons and t15 armors, as well as the tiers before. He would also drop his Sts and have his own separate white bag. in fact all three of these bosses will have a white bag. I hope you like these ideas. Constructive feedback and more ideas will be most appreciated. Thanks!

This actually sounds really good, would be awesome to see this in game! :slight_smile:

10/10 Idea

I don’t mind any buffing ideas. But I’d like it to be similar to a Lich, where if only a small group is there - they get the vanilla fight (so for Oryx, that might be current Oryx exactly how he is now). And if there is a large group - they buff Oryx into his more threatening mode like your idea.

orrrr just switch o1’s sho patterns and phases with that of the nests boss’, of course switch sprites too

I was thinking about this idea, but people could exploit this concept. People would know that they would get an easier version of Oryx if there is only a few of them. What I could see happening is that realms with a lot of people could exploit this where only five people or less would enter the dungeon and Oryx would have less hp. When this happens, the other 50 will enter and Oryx would still be steamrolled. Also, I didn’t like the idea for Oryx being weaker or stronger depending on the amount of people because he was programmed to be the final boss of the game. The Forgotten King or Void Entity doesn’t get nerfed when there are a few people, so why should Oryx? In fact, I was a little too nice to its revamp. Oryx should be A LOT beefier than every other boss in the game, including void entity.

I do like the idea buffing oryx, since having so many new duneons and bosses harder then him seem slightly odd since he is meant to be the main villian. Oryx’s drunk brother is quite a funny idea XD, my only thought is about janus the doorwarden… mind you, janus isn’t exactly common now anyways. But yea, I definately think this idea should be given some thought.

Wait, are you trying to say that less people would do Janus if Oryx would be buffed? I am sorry, but I have to disagree. Think about, Oryx would be the viable and most rewarding option if you are with a large group of people, but even then Oryx would be hard (even if you had a full realm behind you). However, if you go the castle with a number between 10-30 people, chances are you wouldn’t want to risk doing Oryx. I think that if Oryx were to receive a huge revamp such as the one that is mentioned here, then MORE, not less, more people would do Janus, especially the newer players.

I honestly feel like that this is as good idea as any because I made it so that final Oryx, doesn’t have too much hp, like the Void Entity, but Oryx should still be an end game boss, that is his point. So he should be as hard as Marble Colossus and just as scary.

I hope Deca is planning on buffing Oryx…

Does anyone else, by any chance, have any other ideas, or maybe could build off mine, maybe by creating behaviors or phases?

I like the idea of the buff. But, since it would be far more dangerous, I was thinking there could be a sort of “damage meter” in which all the players try to hit. The higher the damage, the more rooms they would have to go through, and the scarier the boss would be. I like the idea, but don’t you think t14 weapons and t15 armors coming out soon would be a little quick? When t12s and t13s were added, it was a big update. And now since t13s and t14s are here, I feel like we should wait on the t14s and t15s. Besides, how do we choose how much the new tiered items would cost when trading? It is still a huge update.

First off, these items have been in the game since it was released, don’t believe me then watch older videos. Not just that the new tops that were just added are soulbound to avoid any duping. When Deca releases the t14 weapons and t15 armors, they are probably going to do the same thing. They would make them trade able after a few months, ample time for a bunch of people to get them. Also, I don’t understand this damage meter concept. What do you mean by more rooms when the only rooms will be the ones in the Castle and the WC?

I like the idea of replacing O1 with a protector of the wine cellar. And I really like the idea of an Oryx buff where he would actually be the one to drop the new t13/14 items. However, I think there should still be two Oryxes, like the idea of O1 just being a fake Oryx.

The wine cellar and O1 fights are in desperate need of revamps, and honestly, if O1 just had some phases where he was stun immune, had more hp, some armoured phases and all round did more damage. His fight would be fine.

However, the O2 fight is just stupid at this point, I’d consider it on par with like a slightly harder cube god, easily solo-able and just gets steamrolled with a group. O2 needs some more phases, i.e a rage phase, stun immunity phase, chasing phase, etc. He needs a lot more hp and the wine cellar concept itself needs to be changed as it puts slower classes like the Knight in a terrible spot, at this point you need to be a fast class to even get there. If there were some harder minions that required some clearing (maybe some wine barrels/walls like the Oryx castle to bring the group together, would be good).

I like the idea as i feel it will get people interested in oryx again. As i have recently noticed an increasing tendency for people to run janus.

I think that would be okay for an Oryx3 scenario, (and even the current Oryx Horde is a lot tougher than Oryx2 in WC). But I do like the general structure/setup we currently have where newbs/unmaxeds at least have some chance to make it to killing Oryx(1) if there are a handful of other players, not needing a superteam to be able to defeat him in his first form.

And the storyline of “defeating” him but he isn’t really defeated, hiding in his wine cellar is a kind of charming/odd thing that shows the game to have a bit of a personality. Why I like the thing of your idea of a drunk dude spouting nonsense as it fits with the WC theme.

The different stages Castle->Chamber->WC->(Throne Room from your idea) is what I like most in principle, having it as the next step to defeating Oryx, and ofc being a tougher fight than the pinata of O2. But if the group is small/weak then they will just call it a day at O2 and bail.

This is the point. I feel like Oryx should be a boss that not everyone should be able to do. My original idea was to change the first 2 Oryxes a little and then make a third and crazy hard Oryx. Then I said to myself, "Why should there be 3 Oryxes? " It would just have gotten redundant at that point and it doesn’t make sense in a story. Think about it. If we were to raid a castle and find Oryx, then where would Oryx even be. He would be located in his throne room where he supposedly controls the entire realm. The concept of the chamber, instead of having an Oryx can be some sort of protector and in the end I want him to say this: _“You may have defeated me, but you will never reach my lord alive! I have redirected your path to the wine cellar, where you will be in a much higher peril then you ever were with me. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK OF INEVITABLE DEATH!” They enter the wince cellar kill Oryx’s drunk brother and then can proceed to actually Oryx. If you want to, just imagine the Guardian and Oryx’s Brother as completely revamped versions of O1 and O2, I just decided to turn them into different people so that the story line makes sense. The point of this idea is that even though these bosses are stronger, it would still be possible for new players to complete the Guardian and Oryx bro with a decent size group. Oryx, (you can refer to him as O3) would be end game material. This is where you can get some really good gear such as all the new tears that Deca released. It shouldn’t be even close to easy to get these equips. I know that this is a lot but 1 more thing. If this is a reality, then it would also be an indirect buff the Janus. I say this because people would know the risk of running the new bosses, so smaller groups would have no choice but to run Janus, instead of someone grabbing an inc and still be doing Oryx with 5 people.

Why should there be 2 Oryxes, when you can just have one and he is the final boss of the game. The bosses before would be considered obstacles in order to weed out the less experianced players.

Btw, did I mention anything about drops? In my opinion the Guardian should drop the same stuff as O1 drops now and Oryx’s s brother will drop the some stuff as O2 drops now, except for the Sts of course. Other than that, they should also have their own white bag. Deca seems to have a liking of making UT sets now, so maybe they could each have a set, but just 1 item should be enough. Oryx (O3) will have a very large amount of drops like the Marble Colossus and Void Entity. It won’t drop as much life and mana, but Oryx will have the ability of dropping any pot in the game. Equip drops: t11-t14 weapons, t5-t6 abilities, t12-t15 armors, and t5 rings and the Deca ring, not any of the other t6 rings though. Deca should reinstate the ub hp as a t6 ring and replace the Deca ring back with the Ub hp ring in the shatters and removing the Deca ring from that dungeon. However, instead of completely removing it from the game, it should become a UT drop at Oryx. OR, Deca could make a new tier of rings, aka t7, and the Deca ring would be part of this tier, the Deca ring woulod have to be buffed of course and the other rings should fit the same thing of the Deca ring where it is not called ring of “something” def, but a more creative name like “Ring of Pure Souls”. Some thing like that. I don’t know where this is turning out, I am just throwing random ideas off the top of my head rn. If you agree with any of this, or have a even more or better ideas, then feel free to comment your thoughts below!

Sigh…