My take on how to not die

This is a guide for players who die a lot or new players in need of some help.

Nexusing
Most people have their nexus hotkey set as the default key, which is r. As a letter on the computer keyboard it is relatively small and can be easy to miss, or can take half a second to reach. This can be crucial in scenarios where you are low on health, or when you are about to get popped. I recommend setting your nexus hot key to a larger and closer button, the space bar being a perfect example. It is the largest key on your keyboard and is harder to miss than the r key, it can be smashed with your thumb at a moment’s notice. If you have being using the r hot key for a long time, and are used to it, try making a new and unmaxed character to try nexusing with your new key. Remember that this is up to you, and that you are to decide what hot key you potentially change it to.

Once you get used to your new hotkey, try running some parasite chambers, jade and garnet statues, or any other place where you could get sat on and popped. Wait for the enemy to come towards you and try nexus as they are about to rape you.

Surviving Lag
A lot of deaths in Realm of the Mad God happen with lag. You spam your nexus hotkey but nothing happens and you stay in place. Close your game if playing browser with ctrl + W. If you are playing on a laptop, most personal computers have a key that toggles flight mode, in my case that key is f4. Flight mode turns off wifi, so turning it on would disconnect you from the game. But beware, as this option is a bit of a wildcard. Sometimes it takes a while to disconnect when flight mode is on, and sometimes it happens immediately. Personally I use this option because of slow internet connection so I disconnect immediately. For those of you with faster internet connections, close your game instead.

Other Hotkeys
If you own a gaming mouse (or a 6 button mouse), you can mess around with your keyboard settings and edit buttons to buttons on your mouse. Some gaming mouses have a button or two on their left side. You could edit your keyboard and set the backspace key to a button on your mouse, for example. Personally I use this as my ability key, I find it easier to use than a key on the computer itself. I play the game on monitor at home and on pc when traveling. This feature only works on my monitor, however and not on my laptop.

Confuse
I know my confuse controls and can switch to them at a moments notice (except in labs, that’s impossible). An easy way to learn your confuse controls is to set your movement controls to confuse controls. Confuse controls are D= up A=Down W= Left S= Down Q=Rotate right E= Rotate left. Play with these controls for a bit and get used to them. Once you think you have them right, look for rock dragons and practice your confuse controls.

Remember that this is how I personally play the game, this is a guide to help players in their realming experience.

Very nice and detailed guide. I approve of the methods to learn confuse controls as well. still annoying though, but only the short duration confusion shots oml

that sounds like a good way to get raped.

how not to die : use the r key if not and of you die a lot there is something that is advertised in the nexus that makes you not die and its free is called a ha… nevermind

Not playing has helped me a lot.

Staying on the beach has helped me out a lot.

Honestly people should set their nexus key to the “F” key. It’s right next to the WASD.

This is the right idea as your index finger is quicker to react than your thumb. For me I moved my controls over so they are ESDF and Nexus is ‘G’. I like being able to find the home key ‘F’ without having to look at the keyboard; as my ‘F’ has a little bump. Each keyboard is different so for me this set-up works great, but it is not for everyone.

What kind of monster uses their thumb to press R?

I am guessing you neglected to read the OP…

thumb is one of the slowest fingers, index being the fastest.

for you, T would probably be the fastest

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.