My thoughts on LH 2.0

I only really rushed the dungeon solo, and did not clear it with a group or anything, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Difficulty:

• In my opinion, much easier. I was able to rush the dungeon fairly easily with a 6/8 rogue and a 70/64 H/MH pet. It was actually surprising how easy it was to rush, since I haven’t touched rogue in over two or three months.
  • Grotto enemies don’t swarm you anymore, which again makes it easy. The new Grotto Blob’s shots are easily predictable, so dodging isn’t that hard, but it’s irritating if you get hit by the Quiet.
  • The golems are much more annoying to deal with. Getting hit by Petrify is extremely dangerous, as the other enemies can quickly jump on you and insta. The duration isn’t that long, though, so you can usually just stay under cloak the entire time.
  • Are crusades moving more slowly? It seemed really easy to just run around them. I didn’t even have to cloak for those rooms.
  • Oryx rooms are significantly harder, I feel. The damage output from all of the enemies is actually fairly high, and the slow doesn’t help as well. I often got popped by the circley dudes (Oryx Swordsman?) when going through.
  • The new MBC guardian dude wasn’t too bad. I managed to solo it on my third or fourth try. You just have to get the hang of the shot patterns.

Aesthetics:

• In general, looks much cooler now! I’m happy I don’t have to stare at bland grey tiles all the time now.
  • Some of the rooms look too symmetric. Some of it doesn’t give me the vibe of “long-forgotten halls”.
    • The room with the breakable, perfectly-shaped corners.
    • The room with four perfectly-square holes in the corners.
    • The room with the perfectly diamond-shaped water in the middle. And so on.
  • I kind of liked the rooms with evil water.
  • I think the rooms need to be more “abandoned-looking”, if you get what I mean. Breakable blocks should have some already missing. Maybe a water spout from the wall leaks a river of water. Or instead of four holes in the ground, create a chasm or something to spice it up.

Sadly if you aren’t a rogue it seems like it’s much more difficult or rather instant death unless you nexus or have a group who are coming in to back you up.

@moderators merge with the LH 2.0 big thread?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.