Mystic Curse Effect Visual Display(Ketchup pls)

I miss the old Mystic bright red curse coloring. It feels good to land. What do you feel?

• Old (Enemy Sprite shifts hue to blood red)
  • New (Enemy gains red aura)

0 voters

I feel that It’s also harder to see a cursed enemy. Not as fast as it changing color to KETCHUP RED.

I don’t use the curse indicator personally, as my laptop is not a great gaming computer and I like to minimize the load on it, but if I did use curse indicator, I would prefer the old indicator. I’ve seen videos with both, and the old is better imo.

Since when was BaraBlazer alive? :thinking:

I think the reason why the changed it from “ketchup” to “aura” was because some players complained it was hard to distinguish enemies when every cursed enemy had the same color.

The most notable example I can think of is shatters; the blue and red mages have similar sprites and becomes hard to differentiate when they’re red.

on the other hand using an example from the very same dungeon, stasised enemies are difficult to distinguish from other unstasised enemies if they’re all gray. a stasised stone paladin looks like a normal one, and normal ones can just sit there and do nothing for a few seconds so you can’t use that to tell either. if the enemy gets plastered in red then stasis makes them grayscale + darker so you can still tell the difference.

I guess, I mean I’m not much of a mystic player to begin with, I was just trying to recall the reason they changed it in the first place. And you’re definitely right I’ve died many a times to the exact example you brought up xD

I came here for the ketchup. I was misled here…

The old one was horrible. It makes many enemies indistinguishable from each other, many others harder to recognise and so respond to in a timely manner. The way it’s done now, as an icon is far better and matches other status effects.

Maybe they could look at this again when Unity comes out, and look at how to update all the indicators which are hard to spot especially when many are active. E.g. they could add animated icons to replace the static ones, as an option.

Could someone post a picture of the current one. Don’t have a mystic and haven’t seen yet. Didn’t know it changed

It’s an icon, the Curse one listed here:

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/status-effects

Not too hard to spot as enemies normally have very few status icons, mostly the ones from players’ abilities. The old effect which made their sprite dark red was removed.

Oh, I thought they were talking about an aura, like purple supporter or red legend

they are talking about an aura, the curse status icon has always been there, that’s not anything new

Dude it’s been 10 minutes

just realized it looks like the cube made it to legends xd

Ok that’s just toxic…

Cool. Didn’t know that was implemented. Thought it was still ketchup

smh you posted that literally the exact second I was editing my post f u

Nice set.

wha, didnt even notice. i dont really care since i dont play mystic much these days and yeah… i have it turned off

college, life, yada yadaa, though mostly because I found other MMOs (Ragnarok Online Classic, my childhood). You never truly leave RotMG tho

Edit> in general: A suggestion would be to have the curse indicator be an option:
a. None (just icon)
b. Classic (my ketchuppp)
c. Modern (legendary enemy aura).

The day they removed the effect, I made dis

I can eat stuff now! Thought I might starve without ketchup!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.