Myth or fact: Nightmare Colony's center maw vs clearing

So, I recently heard from a guild mate that the less enemies there are in the dungeon, the slower the rate of fire of the maw in the center of the boss room. This directly translates to the more enemies you clear in the dungeon, the slower the maw fires its quiet bombs and pet stasis bullets. My guild mate also claimed that if you slaughter every single enemy in the dungeon, the maw would simply not shoot.

For that last part though, it’s kind of false as the maw still shot bullets after we cleared the entire dungeon, but he did blame it on the fact that it’s a buggy dungeon, and mentioned that at the very least, the speed of which it fires is much lower. I’m not entirely sure if this claim is actually true or not, because at times I do see the maw firing much faster than normal, but that could be due to some other unheard factor or simply a bug.

Anyone know if this is true?

I thought it only depends on the number of colonies left alive.

The parasite chambers guide in the wiki says: the maw fires slower depending on how many of the smaller Colonies you have killed
In my experience this is true, much easier boss fight if the colonies are mostly dead.

I usually do a full clear; can say with certainty that the thing about it not firing at all if you clear everything is bogus info.

It still shoots. Clearing just reduces the rate of fire. In my experience it‘s about a 2x speed up if uncleared, which makes it much harder to stay unquited/un pet stasised.

Does anyone know if the shooting speed depends on the relative or absolute amount of colonies killed?

RoF of what? Does it affect the main bullet patterns or just the pet stasis / quiet shots you mention later on?

I’d assume it would be a %, as larger parasites would give you a slower RoF if it were the direct amount killed.

I think they mean the pet stasis shots and quiet bombs

I don’t quite believe that killing all the enemies disables the center maw, but I’m fairly certain that clearing colonies slows it down. Also, that’s what the RE wiki says.

It affects the pet stasis & quiet shots from the middle only. It makes quite a difference to the battle, in my experience.

With the normal fire rate you have much more time to e.g. adjust or get in damage between shots. In particular the cooldowns are such that you can be permaquieted/perma pet stasised, but if you get hit just be sure to dodge the next one for the cooldown to wear off, so you can heal/regain mana.

But if they are firing quickly then not only are you more likely to be hit but you might need to dodge two shots before the cooldown wears off, also harder to do.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.