Necromancer (Strategy Guide)

I’ve lately been into playing the Necromancer class quite a bit. It’s a good class, I like it, and it doesn’t cause too much lag for me (I like the Wizard and Paladin more, but I still like trying out other classes). For those of you like playing the Necromancer, I think I might be able to give you a few tips…maybe.

Note: This is all based on my opinion. Remember that I like to play the game aggressively. Also remember that I don’t spend all of my pots and loot on buying my Necromancer better stuff. Plus I don’t have white bag items, let alone use them, so bear with me.

Staff
The general staff of my choice would most definitely be the simple Cosmic Staff (T12). Good DPS and simple mechanics make it a really good weapon.

If I ever get the Tezcacoatl’s Tail (UT), I would use it as well, but only on enemies with higher DEF, like Bosses.

The only times I would ever use the Staff of Esben will be for the SPD boost (because for some reason, I love rushing on necromancer, it’s dangerous but fun). But my advice is don’t rush with the Necromancer (cough, Gamma). You can easily be killed (cough, Gamma), and it’s not worth it (cough, Gamma). Take your time (cough, Gamma).

None of that Extreme Prejudice (I’m not a really big fan of it) or any of the other UT and ST staves. Takes a bit of time to master the staves with strange mechanics, and while they’re fun, I don’t have time for them.

Skull
For Skulls, I usually prefer a combo of Lifedrinker (T5) and Soul Siphon (T3). Lifedrinker is fairly cheap to obtain, and the Soul Siphon is quite common. I also find their HP bonuses somewhat useful.

For UT Skulls, it always comes down to what enemies you face (unless you just want to have your char look sexy AF). Pretty basic knowledge: the Esben Skull and Skull of Corrupted Souls weaken enemies with debuffs (slow / curse accordingly), the Torment Skull deals a lot damage and heals but has a short AOE, and the Memento Mori deals tons of damage and gives the user damaging, but at the cost of no heal.

Since I’m more of the damage damage damage damage wizzy guy, I’d go for the Memento Mori for the heavy damage, but only if I have enough DEF and HP to hold off. If I don’t I’d probably go for the Torment Skull, which is good against a single, powerful enemy like a Boss. Better if I can get both, though. :smile:

Robe
Like the Skull, which Robe to wear really depends. This time, however, it doesn’t depend on which enemies you’re fighting. Unlike, Staves and Skulls, you’re less likely to run around, switching through Robes like an accidental stripper not knowing what to wear.

The Ritual Robe does find its uses, as it gives DEF, ATT, WIS, and MP, stats that all Necromancers can really use. Though I’d like to use a Water Dragon Robe to rush and kill, don’t do it. I’m dumb. I’ll die. You’ll die.

The Tlatoani Shroud isn’t exactly the most efficient robe. I wouldn’t use it, but if you’re desperate to use it, sure go ahead. You’ll probably die, though.

But if you ever ask me what robe I would pick for the Necromancer any day at any time, I’d be temped to say Water Dragon Robe because I have this stupid love for rushing, but I’d probably say Gsorc (T13). The WIS and MP buff is good, a decent ATT bonus is given, but most of all, there’s enough DEF to let me survive.

Of course, there are numerous other UT and ST robes out there in the game. I’m not gonna go over all of them. Just look over at the stats, pick a robe, get the robe, and stuff your miserable body into it.

(Just make sure you don’t pick the Cheater Robe)
(And if you ever get a Soulless Robe, don’t wear it and remember to give it to me! :wink:)

Ring
Same goes for the Ring. It doesn’t really matter what you choose. Just pick a decent one that fits your play style and liking. Sphinx, Pyra, and Nile are all pretty good on the Necromancer (Though Sphinx would be the last of the three for me). Just get any affordable ring that has good stats for the Necromancer. (HP, MP, DEF, ATT, DEX, or WIS)

Just remember that if you have a good pet, HP, MP, VIT, and WIS can help, but the lack of them won’t be a huge problem. A pet somewhere around rare should be enough, and if you have one, you can focus more on damage stats like ATT, DEX, and even SPD, which helps the character run around faster, allowing you to dodge more efficiently.

Tips and Strategies
Being fairly decent at everything, the Necromancer is a powerful class to play, being able to heal while having a reasonably DPS. Despite him being a Robe Class and being somewhat fragile, he is still capable of rushing as long as his HP and DEF are strong enough. The Necromancer is dependent of his Skull, so make sure you have enough MP and WIS to give yourself several heals when necessary.

Sometimes you may not need to use the Skull right away. This is when many players get cocky and start throwing away MP to get in extra damage with their Skull. This is a big mistake unless the Skull is meant for damaging. And even if is, be sure to plan ahead and save a bit of MP in cases of emergency. Many Necromancers die due to their cockiness. Don’t join them.

Remember that you will die, so use the Necromancer’s impressive pot-farming ability to your advantage and grind several pots in case you die. After you have several rainbow pots, trade these for DEF pots, and trade those DEF pots for Life Potions. Store these Life Potions in mules in case you need them later. It sometimes takes long and is boring, but remember that if you have backup potions, you will be more successful than those who die with nothing saved up.

Whenever you feel like you’re strong enough, try Events and End-Game Dungeons. If you can get your soulbound damage in, they can become very profitable. If you really want, you can also join an active Guild that often pops LHs, TOAs, and OTs.

When you play the Necromancer, there’s going to be a lot of dodging, and you have to be at least decent at that. If you play a Knight, you don’t have to dodge as much. After all, that’s what the term “tank” is for. Even Paladins and Warrior don’t have to dodge as much either because they either get DEF from the Helm or heal from the Seal. But like most classes, to play Necromancer, you have to be able to dodge somewhat. But he can still heal with his skull, so think of him as the middleground when it comes to dodging.

Here are a few more things you should keep in mind:

• Use your HP and MP pots (like seriously)
  • Use Skulls on Sprite Children and Constructs in the Godlands to boost your HP
  • Max DEF, DEX, and SPD as soon as possible (they will help you a lot, I promise)

Well, that’s gonna be it for this time. I know there’s a lot of stuff I’m missing here, but this is just a basic overview and strategy guide. Hope you either found entertainment in me rambling on about useless stuff or learned something somehow.

-GammaGamer

Nice. I’m pretty bad at this game so this really helped me out. Thank you :blush:

The mechanic here is left click.

Sorry if I’m missing something but you’re an alt right? Because in your grave there is only a wizard and your only character is a wizard.

As a avid necro user i’d say this guide was pretty good.

tbh you don’t need any uts to play the class effectively, a cosmic t5/6skull, gsorc and para/exa hp work just fine.

the one thing I disagree with is that you’ll die when rushing. Sure if you try to rush a shats or tomb, yeah you’ll die without a prper pet and a butt ton of skill, but rushing things like udl, snake and even manors are a breeze if you have at least max def and a max uncommon pet with heal/mheal. especially when you’re maxed, necro holds up pretty well and can take quite the beating without dying. after playing the class a ton, you’ll start to get what I can only describe as a trigger finger for the spacebar, you know exactly when you are losing too much health and when to heal. Its pretty great actually.

Thank you for making this guide I can tell you spent quite a bit of time working on it and making sure you did your homework. your guide was in depth and accurate. great job!

Check the account SwagFwoom. I recently died on my Necromancer in the Lair of Shaitan.

I know that you don’t necessarily die when rushing with the Necromancer. But if you aren’t powerful enough, your HP will be weak and a low-level Skull simply isn’t enough to rush end-game dungeons. This is really a what-if debate. If you have a good skull that can do powerful heals, rushing can be easy. If un-maxed and the Skull is weak, you’ll have a harder time with it.

:smile: tell that to my science teacher.

Wizard is better

Agreed. But Necromancer’s a fun class. It damages enemies, heals you, and it’s pretty good at everything in the game.

it was a joke. I’d rather use necromancer. It’s good for people who just started the game. Damage and healing. Also range. But squishy. Wizard is the same thing, but no healing and all damage.

i don’t mind it. it’s the reason why i love the class so much :grin:

:thinking: Wis mod? Don’t forget maxing Wisdom on a necro means extra skull damage and healing.

Good guide though :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.