Necromancer VS Rogue

ROGUE. Its good at everything, farming, rushing, and getting loot. It survives well too and can make you rich, as it did in my case.

Necro is good with a bad pet. You have a bad divine, but its basically a decent legendary pet.

Rogue is a very nice class to rush and do tombs with.

this is true

I know him

You already have two rushing Classses:
####Knight and ninja

If you max those two good, They will be dungeon grinders.The sorc is for… uhh idk. If I would choose between Rogue and Necromancer… It’s:
####Necromancer
Because it has good healing plus damage skill. Good range and attack damage. Some events, he can rush.

Dude, try to play as Necro a little bit. It has fun in the last part. xD

Hate autocorrect

My decision is Rogue, on the grounds that Necro is similar enough to Sorc that it won’t make too much of a difference. Thank you to everyone who replied :smiley:

Good choice! Rogue is a very unique and fun class

Ouch that’s a good HP heal but a bad MP heal.

Clean Tomb: Rogue (or pre-existing Knight)

FFA Tomb: Necro (or just use Tiered Wand+ Fulmi)

Shatters: Rogue

Rushing in general: Rogue

Godlands: Necro

Yeah you can argue necro because it’s good in ffa tombs but sorc is probably even better

Make a Rogue. It’s the most versatile class in the game.

The most versatile class right now?

That statement bugs me a lot, not only because there is no evidence to back it up, but because it also is versus the Necromancer in this discussion, the actual most versatile class.

There are three most prominent categories that define a class.

Damage (Reliable damage output)
Survivability (How easy it is to not die)
Support (What they offer to others)

I’d say that the Rogue is moderate in damage despite having the second lowest DPS in the game. This is because his damage is reliable thanks to his invisibility.

His survivability is high because of his moderate health and defense, his high speed, and of course the invisibility.

The Rogue’s support however is low as other players hinder his full potential and he doesn’t contribute anything to the other players.

Now, lets take a look at the Necromancer.

The Necromancer’s damage output is average to say the least. Definitely not the best by any means, but his high range does make up for it.

Survivability for the Necromancer is a relatively easy task but could be better. As a robe class he has poor health and defense, but he also has low speed on top of that. Even with that being said his survivability is moderate thanks to his skull.

Finally, the Necromancer’s support is also moderate. It isn’t low because he actually offers something to other players, healing. His healing ability isn’t the most reliable though and is usually best used for self healing due to the high MP cost.

That is why I believe the Necromancer is the most versatile class. He is referred to as “The Jack of all Trades” by many players for a reason too.

Are you kidding me??

The Rogue can do so much more than the Necro can.

Damage
As far as damage goes, yes, with the new Attack buff to Necro, he is better, but only when they are wearing tiered gear. Get an Etherite on a Rogue, and it will easily beat Necro. The Rogue has one shot, but he can go invisible and get close, so he will hit the target. The Necro has tight twin shots with high range, so he will also hit the target. Just starting out, yes, a Necro will be a bit better for damage, but after a while, the Rogue will get his better items. For that reason, I give the Rogue a slight edge.

Survivability
I think this one favors Necro, but only a little. Rogues can get much higher defense, they can go invisible, and they are extremely fast, but there will always be anti-Roguers and Quiet Shots. The Necro has low defense but long range. He also has his crappy heal that costs an arm and a leg to use. The sheer fact that he can heal when he wants to beats Rogue. I’ll grant him that.

Support
I think this one is close. I think it depends on what your definition of “support” is. If it’s like healing and buffing and whatnot, of course the Necro is going to win. But what you never mentioned up there is about how wonderful a rusher the Rogue is. And when he rushes for people to the boss, that’s pretty damn helpful for the entire team. The Necromancer cannot boast that.

One final thought is that the Rogue’s ability allows him to rush and/or solo pretty much every event/dungeon in the game. I think that fact in itself makes the Rogue a pretty solid “Jack of All Trades” with the exception of healing people. On that note, you also have to consider the mentality of players these days. Selfish players will play the Rogue because he can get the loot much more quickly and easily than the Necromancer can. The only real advantage I can give to the Necro is that he is better for Godlands, but I’d much rather be on a Wizard for that anyway.

I love the Necro, my Graveyard can attest to that. But he needs an ability rework so bad. He needs a WisMod application, an overall skull buff, or something. I just feel like with the Rogue, you have way more freedom, and you can do practically everything.

Eh, you just explained why Rogue is better than Necromancer, and he is in more ways compared to the Necro. However, you said versatile. Versatile basically means how adaptable the class is to the situation.

I’d consider the Rogue a specialized class. He is extremely good at very few things, he is not the all around sort of character. His abilities primarily include rushing and soloing. You don’t see many rogues in Shatters or Tombs as they cannot perform nearly as well as other classes for the major parts of the dungeons.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather play Rogue today rather than Necromancer. However, if I didn’t have multiple character slots anymore I’d have to go with the class that can get most things done okay rather than a few things done the best.

As a side note, the Necromancer’s ability is what I consider to be the last resort sort of thing, something that rivals the nexus button. And it is very effective from what I recall when playing Necromancer. I rarely used my ability unless I absolutely had to, or if somebody was blinking. Well, that was before I got the Skull of Esben, but that is besides the point.

The Necromancer’s ability costs so much because it is worth that much. It is basically an extra life if used correctly so it should cost the arm and leg.

True. Necro does have an advantage when you’re starting out. Not as big of a learning curve, higher damage, long range, and heals.

Yeah I guess versatile wasn’t the word to use. My main point was I like playing Rogue more than Necromancer.

Agreed, I know very few people that would play Necromancer over Rogue and even less that would do so with a 70-70 or better pet.

I know it’s kinda late @RichGold, and these are usually useless because they reflect public opinion (which is not a good thing…er, at least here xD). But poll?

• Rogue
  • Necromancer

0 voters

(Copy-paste below into your OP if you want)

[poll type=regular public=true]
* Rogue
* Necromancer
[/poll]

My advice? Stop making new classes and max the ones you have. Then make a Necro. Rogue is a very fun class but you need to not have the constraint of pots to play rogue. Because it’s a very squishy class and very easy to die on if a mistake is made, so an investment in rogue can go sour very quickly.

Yeah I know that, I was just getting really triggered by that empty character slot taunting me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.