Neptune's Bane

Neptune’s Bane

png png (Projectile)

Made from a single shard of a massive sapphire ore, then reinforced with a steel frame, this blade cuts and pierces enemies.

Stats:

Tier: UT
Shots: 1
Damage: 220-300
Projectile Speed: 80 (8 tiles/sec)
Range: 3.8
Shots hit multiple targets
Rate of Fire: 80%
Stat Bonuses: +2 DEF
Fame Bonus: 6%
Soulbound
Feed Power: 850

Loot Bag: image

Drops From:

• Crystal Worm (?) (havent decided yet)

More info

Constructive criticism is welcomed.

First thing i saw was the sprite.
no offense but it looks…strange
And I don’t like the name
“Reinforced Sapphire sword” sounds cliche and bland

I’m not going to comment on the stats and stuff becuz i haven’t played the game for a very long time and i don’t know what all the whites do and all the technical stuff

What is this hella weak sword. The DPS on this thing is terrible and it has reduced range. There is absolutely no point in using this sword and it disables mp heal.

LOL, i forgot to remove that part, its not meant to be there. that belongs to another item (i usually just copy paste the layout so i dont have to retype everything from scratch. Now for the sword, it does have reduced range ROT and Damage (dps-wise) but it can multi hit thats why i thought it could be good. I feel like buffing its damage while it is able to multi-hit would be kinda op since it would be too close to acclaim in terms of damage. I’ll buff its range to 3.6 tho

Any ideas on a name for the sword? I made the sprite but i had no idea what to call it. Sorry if it seems bland. Also for the sprite, it has some white pixels (the ones near the handle and on the projectile, one connecting the bottom left pixel to the others, i just dont know how people give the sprites that outline so some sprites might disappear due to the background. i dont know if thats what you meant by strange sprite but hopefully it was. If it wasnt, cant say im good at spriting so i understand. i just thought it looked cool.

Give it slightly more range and remove the atk stat or some of the dps. If I have piercing shot, I want it to have some range

Buffed range from 3.6 to 4 (dont want to make it too close to Csword since that would make it useless), nerfed DMG from 220-310 to 220-300 and removed +2 ATK.

ooh, not sure about 4 range though (originally I wanted 4 but then learned indomtaple, the other piercing sword also has 4 range)

how about 3.8?

Lol im not good at spriting either xD
If i ever think of a cool name i’ll tell ya

Neptune’s Bane?
i just thought that neptune in front would sound cool and match the theme.

It’s always better than the one i gave it xD

Sprite seems a bit overshaded, especially the projectile.
Otherwise great (:

Each pixel of the sprite is twice as big as it should be.

Interesting… looks to be a direct upgrade from indomptable. Is that intentional?
Also in my personal opinion there shouldn’t be a sword that’s easy to use and pierces (because that’s part of the niche of samurai)

Skysplitter represents this sword btw

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.