[New Ability Idea] Gold Coin Trap

Gold Coin Trap

35%20PM

A coin made of old gold stolen from the Pirate King himself. Greed makes men and monsters blind and foolish, and makes them easy prey for death.
Tier: UT
MP Cost: 120
Arming Duration: 1 second
Effective Duration: 20 seconds
Trigger Radius: 2 squares
Damaging Radius: 4 squares
Damage: 260
Effects: Petrify for 4 seconds
Stat Bonus: -20 HP, +4 ATK
Fame Bonus: 5%
Feed Power: 750

Loot Bag Assigned to White Bag
Drops From Jon Bilgewater the Pirate King

I do love abilities. This trap has the radius and duration of a T0 trap, while having the damage of a T4 trap. It also has a very high MP cost, in exchange for the ability to Petrify monsters (pretty much Stun+Paralyze but monsters take 10% less damage when Petrified.) There’s not much else to say here, it’s a simple item, no new mechanics introduced. It could be put to good use against any event boss, dungeon boss, etc. I wouldn’t see it being used as a crowd-control item, because of the small radius, but Petrifying a big group of very clumped up enemies (like the DDocks pirates that love to swarm players) could be very useful. It might also be good for rushing if not for the really high MP cost.

Please comment with any suggestions or critiques. This will be the third item that I have made, so please make sure to give me any suggestions or comments. Also, feel free to resprite it if you feel like my sprite is off… It looks a bit too much like the T5 trap.

How would you rate the item design overall?

• Great
  • Good
  • Average
  • Bad
  • Awful

0 voters

Would you use this item if you got it?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Is that how it works for players too?

Yes, that is how Petrify works for players. You are pretty much Paralyzed and Stunned, but the damage you take is reduced by 10%.

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/status-effects

Petrify (Icon - None)
Used by Daichi the Fallen, Evil Spirits, Lost Sentry, Golem of Fear, Marble Colossus and Void Entity .
Inflicted players cannot move or shoot, but can still use abilities. It is essentially a combination of Paralyze and Stun. Note that the player can still take damage while petrified, although it is reduced by 10%.”

Ohhh thats cool. Thanks!

I never knew that :stuck_out_tongue:
Great idea hoping to see more from u in the future

I have some other items I made

Here: [New Item Idea] Cloak of Swift Moss

And here: [New Ability Idea] Prism of Deep Space

Enjoy! Self-advertisement lol

seems too op with this trap huntress would become a safer knight with higher dps and free paralyze divine pet is needed to perma petrify however knight without scrotum needs divine as well. 10% dps loss is not a big deal

Maybe make the MP cost higher, and remove damage altogether? Could also decrease Petrify time.

just add a cd to prevent perma petrifying

but honestly planned melee nerf would fix this problem however huntress with this trap would still be better than knight, stun on abilities other than shield is generally a bad idea

@DreadHerod it should drop from cave of a thousand treasures because it says it was

and bilgewater is a pirate king so yeah…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.