[New Ability Idea] Prism of Deep Space

Prism of Deep Space

31%20PM

A prism that spent eons floating in space until Nut retrieved it. Upon usage, it’s power is so great that it creates a temporary rip in the space-time continuum.
Tier: UT
MP Cost: 75
Damage: 600-720 (660)
Effect: Invulnerability on self for 0.5 seconds upon finishing teleport, Damaging blast with 2 radius centered on player upon finishing teleport, Teleport to cursor
Stat Bonus: +4 ATK, +40 MP
Fame Bonus: 6%
Feed Power: 1100

Loot Bag Assigned to White Bag
Drops From Nut

So, here we go with another item. This prism has the same MP cost as the T3 prism, but it doesn’t spawn a decoy. Instead it casts a blast (similar to the Rising Fury pet ability) upon the user completing the teleport. It also grants a very, very short period of Invulnerability to guarantee the user to land the landing damage. However, since the invulnerability is so short, even if the blast lands, the user will still be very close to any monsters after the TP.
This means that there are only two ways to effectively use this prism. Method number one is to time your teleport to coincide exactly with the end of one wave of bullets from say, a Medusa, so by the time she shoots again, you will already have landed your damage and will be safely away. The second, safer method is to teleport in and then teleport back out. This will guarantee safe damage, but it will cost 2x the MP of a normal teleport. Finally, this Prism will be a safe rushing prism, because even with a relatively higher MP, compared to T0 prism, it also grants invulnerability, albeit for a very short duration, upon landing.

Please comment with any suggestions or critiques. This will be the second item that I have made, so please make sure to give me any suggestions or comments. Also, feel free to resprite it if you feel like my sprite is off…

Edit: Buffed Invulnerability duration upon teleporting to 0.5 seconds

How would you rate the item design overall?

• Great
  • Good
  • Average
  • Bad
  • Awful

0 voters

Would you use this item if you got it?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Now this is a prism I’d use for trickster. Its perfect for rushing abbys since the all the monsters hp are lower than 500. And the kind of low mp cost is pretty good for spamming it.

I appreciate the feedback tysm :smiley:

Invulnerability duration is too short to the point that it might as well not be there. Make it at least 0.5 so that it’s viable. That said I like the idea

OK, i will buff it ty for suggestion

I just noticed this, but the shading looks a little off. Maybe you may want to change that. In a prism, the darker area is usually in a corner and not surrounding the whole thing.

I can assure you that that was intentional, to make it look different from all the other blue prisms.

Yea let’s get into Best of the Best bois

This is pretty low damage for the amount of risk. The prism of dire instability does much less damage but you can spam it from a distance. An idea to slightly buff it is to give it a slightly bigger radius or maybe give it a 1 second paralyze aoe so it the boss doesnt chase you after teleporting.
Another idea to change things up a bit is to give the player darkness for 2 seconds so that he has .5 seconds to avoid the targeted enemy, and can always be protected from other enemies for an additional 1.5 seconds while backing away IF you remember where they are (shots aren’t rendered if the enemy is not in your field of vision). This would probably require a buff in damage to make it more worth using, but it would make it more of a fun item to use if you can do so safely

I like the idea, but right now the sprite looks more like a tear in space time than a prism (or is it supposed to look like that?). anyway i like the item that’s a :hearts: from me.

as of now, this prism would be totally busted, because as long as you have mp you’re gonna be invulnerable, since the cd of all prisms that don’t have a specific cooldown is 0.5 seconds and the duration of invulnerability on this prism is also 0.5 seconds.

it’s very similar to gem

I didn’t think about that. I guess it should be at least .5 more than whatever the duration is

if u have a good magic heal pet i think u can permanantly be invunerable

This is wrong, A max magic heal pet can recover mp at a rate of 45mp/s, and youre only invulnerable for 0,5 seconds. Plus, with an mp costs of 75, it would take 2 heals for a pet to recover you enough to use it again, though with an existing mp pool of 252, you could use the prism( if you time it exactly as the invulnerability wares off), 3 times for an invulnerability period of 1.5 seconds, at which you would have 72 mp, after one second, you would have 117 mp, which can be used for an invul period of 0.5 seconds, reducing it to 42 mp, and after another second, it would become 87, which becomes 12 mp with 0,5 more invulnerable seconds, after which you would need to wait two seconds which recovers you to 102 mp, and another 0,5 seconds.
As you can see, it isnt infi invul

Edit: Im wrong since you recover mp while invul, but even still no perma

[New Ability Idea] Gold Coin Trap

You are actually unable to be perma invulnerable according to my calculations.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.