[New Ability Idea] Vial of Blinding Light

Vial of Blinding Light

47%20AM

Light births darkness, just as darkness births light.
Tier: UT
MP Cost : 90 (6.67 damage/MP)
Radius: 4
Impact Damage: 100
Damage over Time: 500 (100 damage/sec)
Duration: 5 seconds
Effect: Stunned for 1 second
Stat Bonuses: +3 ATK, +3 SPD
Fame Bonus: 6%
Feed Power: 1300

Loot Bag Assigned to White Bag
Drops From Marble Colossus

This poison is comparable to the T4 poison in damage, radius, and MP cost. However, the main feature of this poison is the ability to Stun at a distance without any significant trade-offs. This makes it very useful for both groups of enemies, and also single-target enemies that are able to be Stunned, but hard to get close to (think Cult or Tomb bosses.) Really not much else to say here. If you guys think of any other uses, feel free to comment below.

Please comment with any suggestions or critiques. This will be the fifth item that I have made, so please make sure to give me any suggestions or comments. Also, feel free to resprite it if you feel like my sprite is off.

Edit: MP cost increased to 90 from 85

How would you rate the item design overall?

• Great
  • Good
  • Average
  • Bad
  • Awful

0 voters

Would you use this item if you got it?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

July 2020 Login Calendar

I like the concept of another status inflicting poison. So far we only have the ST poison that curses, but that has a pretty small range. I would say that because it inflicts stun it should probably have a higher mana cost. Maybe 90 mp?( i don’t know if that sounds balanced or not ) the reason I say this is because you could semi-perma-stun bosses as Assassin with this. But all that aside i think this would be awesome to have as an Assassin (might make people stop teasing me when I play him) :smiley:

I like the concept but this kind of makes the knight useless. The point of a stun is that it’s supposed to be inflicted at close range, and the reason stuns on o2 and other bosses are admired because it’s very dangerous for the knight. It’s kind of overpowered if an assassin just hucks a poison at o2 from long range. Coupled with the fact that this thing has a smaller mp cost than colo shield and assassin has better wis than knights, I think this is slightly overpowered. Increase the MP cost maybe?

This stun mechanics is overpowered, it is basically guaranteed permastun if you have max mp, Assasin base stats, mp maxes at 252, pair it up with an ubmp and you get up to 432 on top of that, add harle and you get up to 512. You divide that by 90 and you get around 5.6 times, with the addition of pets and wisdom, you basicallly get that you can use it 6-7 times in a row. This is absolutely overpowered considering the range of the assasin. This renders even O2 basically useless( plz no hurtz me, just my opinion)

This mechanic is either going to be overpowered or useless because it is only one second and deca is about to add the immunity thingy. ( again, plz no hurtz me)

Maybe change stun to paralyze?

I think with the temporary debuff immunity that is supposedly this is a mediocre item at best, at least with the version on testing. Without immunity this needs a 2 second cooldown, this would prevent solo perma stunning, while still allowing breathing room for a knight to get in and get a stun off or just a bit of time to get some damage in.

I agree on this, a cool down for this ability wouldn’t be a bad idea, as for changing from a stun to a paralyze… that could work too. As an Assassin main I love it when me and my archer buddy are running godlands making godwalls and he paralyzes and I just circle strafe the gods with my max speed and see what loot comes out of them when leaching their life away with poison.

1. Light does not birth darkness and darkness does not birth light. I get what you ware trying to say, but that can only work one way anyway.

Not true, having a shortened stun is a big tradeoff (though imo ranged stun should not be a thing)

Lmao since when is LotLL hard to get to on a melee?

I’d be depressed if I got this as my first white bag from mbc.

:laughing:

There’s always a worse white. Although I don’t think it should drop from MBC, I think it’s a unique idea and I would probably enjoy using it

This is a pretty cool idea! I definitely would use it since the assassin in one of my favorite classes. One thing though, you might want to change the sprite to look more like poison. When first saw it poison was the last thing that came to mind no offense.

Ayy assassin gang

Oh yeah! XD

not my sprite so sadly I can’t change it, might want to tell OP it.

Ok

i’m not too fond of assassin, but i’d use this if i had the chance to, if i were to ever play assassin for any reason.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.