New class: Manipulator (i think you know what's coming)

So not really exciting, just an idea popped in my head and this class would be quite useless with large crowd, this class is mainly for solo, and this idea is quite popular in other games but I haven’t seen any idea about this class on realmeye yet so i’ll make it
Manipulator
The Manipulator uses his/her dagger to damage enemies while using his/her crystal ( or something legit for a manipulator) to temporary turn enemy to friend
stats
HP:720
MP: 252
ATT: 60
SPD: 60 ( or just 75 like usual)
VIT: 40
DEF: 25
DEX: 75
WIS: 60
Ability:
t starter: crystal of charming
Mp cost: 60
Effect: Manipulated ( or new effect name)
Duration: 4s
Manipulate radius: 3
Maximum manipulated enemy: 1
T1 : scew the name
Mp cost: 70
Duration: 4.5s
T2: scew it
Mp cost: 80
Duration: 5s
T3 : nope
Mp cost: 90
Duration: 5.5s
T4:
Mp cost: 100
Duration: 6s
T5:
Mp cost: 100
Duration: 6.5s
Maximum manipulated enemy: 2
T6:
Mp cost: 120
Duration: 7s
Maximum manipulated enemy: 2
vit +2
wis+2.
Note: crystal cant manipulate bosses

Well that’s my new class idea, probably wont work out because it would be like a fancier decoy, maybe deca can even make a ut prism from this but that’s just an idea, leave feedback, probably gonna hurt my feeling but whatever
UT for anyone wants:
Mp cost: 150
Duration: 5s
Manipulate Radius: 3.5
Maximum manipulated enemy: 5
Manipulated enemies reduced 50% max hp, reduced 50% damage

Is there any UT crystals or something? And damn, t6 crystal seems too overpowered, you can just manipulate oryx’s minions and kill him faster, not to mention the forgotten king in shatters or encore. It seems like a very OP character with 10 seconds of control time. Im suggesting to nerf the time and add other debuffs, Like manipulated enemies have half health and do half damage, and whenever you use the ability it gives you quiet or something so you cant spam it. It has to be very situational, since it is a very overpowered ability

i don’t think of UT because this class is still pretty new and bad i guess, and yeah it probably op, not in wc but in other dugeon, gonna nerf it down a bit

Moved to Ideas > Classes

Very interesting idea, but it seems a little bit to complicated things such as making the enmies that are manipulated invulnerable seems op in some ways. Like you could manipulate shatters bosses and make it mayhem. Perphaps this could be a katana class since there are already 3 dagger classes

Also please make a sprite for the class and crystals using http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/draw.html 8x8

6/10 could use some refinement and thinking over the crystal

can’t manipulate on boss, and I fixed invulnerable thing, I don’t know about katana tho, seems a bit not like manipulator but will consider, maybe change it to wand? and I only think of idea, not really into the sprite of the class and ability

Already tons of these in realm, no need.

wow really want to hurt my feeling, are you

ooooooh, I get it

Should manipulation’s damage do SB?..

This is very incomplete. There’s no sprites, you left out names on purpose just because you cba to, and you didn’t take any time to format the document.

As for the idea itself, I’m honestly not a huge fan. Let’s take the Shatters as an example: the Ice Adept can deal 150 damage and Slow/Blind enemies, but has 10,000 HP. That poses 2 issues:

1. What would Blind do on enemies? All negative debuffs would have to have an effect on enemies if this were implemented.
  2. Do you really think 150 damage is going to even scratch another Ice Adept? The way player damage is scaled against enemy health and vice versa makes it so that players would 1- or 2-shot other players and enemies would barely tickle other enemies. This would make it simply a glorified decoy, which you wanted to prevent.
    That’s just one scenario. I can go on and on talking about different scenarios that this would be useless in or require more coding to be done on Deca’s part.

I just can’t get behind this idea. There are too many potential issues with it, and it’s very incomplete. I rate this 2/10.

alright look, monster vs monster does not work because they’re sooo weak compared to players. I can go on and on about the ratio of monster hp to player hp and how much damage monsters do and how much damage players do but I think this is a lot more telling:

the green line is approximately a Medusa’s DPS, at point-blank range (which never happens unless the thing it’s attacking moves toward it.)

the blue line is the dreaded Ice Adept in all of it’s raging fury and glory, except it has less than 900 dps.

the black line? an unpotted level 20 assassin ppe with godland equipment. hmmmmm.

white line? same as black but now it’s a paladin with his damaging buff.

and the red line is the manipulator itself with maxed stats and good equipment.

the one enemy in the entire game that would actually make a dent in another enemy’s health is the ice sphere, and by the time it got off its butt and charged at an enemy, the enemies would all probably be dead by conventional means. this ability is pointless.

The Enchantress

welp there goes the idea, not gonna bother with it now

Pointless ability, if you want to talk about a new class. Include a summoner, not a manipulator.

Joke, arrow, smiling stick guy?

I’m sorry, but I think that one went over my head.

SO then your “friends” attack other players, or just chill?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.