New Class: Soldier!

Hey realmeye, I made this new class idea, inspired by my last class idea. Hopefully you like it! Be sure to leave me feedback. I need to work more on sprites, balancing, and lore, but I wanted to get some feedback first. Thanks! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l2TvtJB7703ISRn_WxhHDj9__dyFcDzDBenqD11lrug/edit?usp=sharing

Its ability makes the quiver of thunder far less unique and the fact that it slows and dazes is far too strong.
Also tier 5 and tier 6 should be doing the same damage and have the same duration for their ability. Like the other tops it should just add +vit +wis

People who dont like to use this forum, why?

Not all tops do that, and they shouldn’t either.

The daze should be lowered, and I disagree. T6 Abilities should be special and unique, upgrades over their predecessors. It really sucks how a lot of them don’t do anything extra, but those that do, like the t6 tome, t6 seal, etc. really do help quite a bit.

This guy gets it.

There’s not many tops that do more damage than the old top and the ones that do actually do more damage do completely forgettable amounts of damage over the old top.
There was originally no longer durations with the tops because that wasn’t the idea behind them when they were first made. The ones that last longer barely last longer and only had that done to be buffed because they weren’t up to snuff compared to other classes (huntress vs archer)

In any case the top spear is blatantly overpowered even it only did 650 damage, dazed for 2 seconds and slowed for 4. That’s an absolutely insane ability

It was done that way for balance reasons, rotmg was a pretty different game when o2 came out

Wow literally this would be the only class played in rotmg.
Insane dps.
T1 daze.
Has armor break UT.
You would only see this class played, not because it’s new but because of the amount of damage it would be capable of putting out.
Knight? Useless, more stuff is dazable than stunnable.

Its a different game now. I’m not going to keep arguing about this, but guaranteed 9/10 think that tops should be more than +2 of the most useless stats in the game.

True enough. Gonna change the daze…

Do you not understand that a bosses drop should be consistent with the rest of the stuff he drops? That stupid ability would quickly become the only desirable drop from the boss because of how broken it is and how expensive it would be

It’s the main reason why there hasnt been a new class in rotmg is the problem of adding a new ability that won’t restrict the creativity of other UTs for other classes.
I remember seeing someone mention a class that used totems, which are like the Paladin’s new seal but the new Paladin UT gives the paladin a different playstyle.

Ok then, what do you suggest? I toned down the daze on all spears a bit, and o2 already needs a rework.

Right. Summoner classes are really the only ones left, but I’m tryin…

I suggest either coming up with a new unique status or not bothering to try to make a class dude, if the class did daze it would make the qot less special and unique, not to mention that daze breaks a lot of bosses and the only reason why the qot is an acceptable item imo is because of how many bosses are daze immune and how rare it is.

But then if you took off the daze it’d just be the quiver

You should just try to come up with a new status idea imo

The spear is a bit OP and the mix of a katana and heavy armor class would make it almost pointless to use ninja other than for speed.
Though the idea is cool,can i try and make some of the tiered spears?

Like when you look at the ninja, it was clear they didn’t know what to add. All it got was speedy and a high damaging ability. And the UT’s later on added a bit more to it but still not too much. It’s just a high damage ability that grants speedy.

Good idea. I’ll see what I can do.

Actually, the soldier uses leather armor. And go right ahead! Be sure to link me to anything you make!

True. I’ll try to tweak spears a little bit to make them a bit more unique.