New Consumable Idea - May Make Looking for Wines Worth It Again!

Alright guys… so we go to Oryx and we see wines tossed all over the place with nobody ever bothering to pick them up. The fact that their effects are so minute compared to regular health pots sort of defeats the purpose of a “wine cellar.” But how about a new alcohol that is super potent, yet also a somewhat good reason for people to look for and use? I present to you, VODKA!

###Vodka

They say alcohol does weird things to your body. If done correctly, it can be freaking amazing. Don’t take too much of it though, it’ll cause some serious damage…

####Stats:

• Tier: Consumable
  • Effect: Heals 250 HP
  • If only one drunk: Drunk for 5 seconds, Berserk, Healing, +50 HP for 10 seconds
  • If stacked: Drunk, Bleeding, Unstable, Quiet for 15 seconds, Stunned for 7 seconds
  • Feed Power: 125
  • Soulbound

So you might be thinking if I’m insane. Why would somebody drink more than one in the first place if these are the effects? Well, say you’re in a Shatts. You get swarmed by Stone Mages and you get out with 50 HP remaining. They’re running after you, and you need HP fast. In this situation, the HP you get from more than one of these is definitely worth the trade-off of all of these negative stats.

####Drops From:

• Oryx 1 in a 1/5 chance
  • Oryx Henchman in a 1/10 chance
  • Other WC minions in a 1/25 chance
  • Brute of Oryx and Commander of Oryx in a 1/15 chance
  • Oryx 2 in a 1/3 chance
  • Event Bosses at 1/35 chance
  • Gods at 1/250 chance

So what do you think? I’ll put a poll down below to see what you think, and if you have any critiques, please comment, I’d love to hear your feedback!

~FaceFlop

• Nice idea, I’d definitely use this!
  • Nice concept, but I don’t see myself using more than one of these at once anyways.
  • It’s OK, I guess.
  • I hate it, shove this idea up your… nvm.

0 voters

So, some comments about this item. Afaik, hp boosts also heal for the amount boosted, so the total instant heal of the first use would then be 325. Add in the healing status, and that’s 525 after 10 seconds. That… is a lot for one item to do, not even counting the 50% dps boost from berserk. Drunk for 5 seconds is not much of a downside compared to all that.

On the flip side, there’s the second-use effects. You get only the base 275 hp, and lose all mp. For 30 seconds, you cannot aim shots, or use abilities, and for 10 seconds, you cannot attack at all. Additionally, you lose 20 hp a second for 30 seconds, totaling to a loss of 600 hp. The break-even point on hp is reached after just under 14 seconds, after which the item is a net loss for survivability, and then you’re still unstable, bleeding, and quiet for a bit over 16 seconds more. In most cases where you sufficiently urgently need 275 hp that you cannot wait 5 seconds, not being able to fight back for 6x that amount of time will likely just get you killed or forced to nexus anyway.

Overall, it is kinda too good for the first use, being like 2 1/6 healing ichors + bottled honey + 10 seconds of berserk with only a short drunk effect to counterbalance it, and the second use being the exact opposite, sacrificing the ability to fight for 30 seconds and a lot of long-term hp for a very short-term hp gain. That said, the base idea is very good, and with some balancing, this could give people an actually good reason to clear castles and WCs.

Sorry if this is a bit of a wall of text…

what is your definition of stacked?

bleeding over 10 secs probably does more damage that can be made up for 50 hp…

The problem with wines and other secondary consumables is that double clicking isn’t it usually fast enough, and the hotkey for them changes with each use. It’s not that they’re not useful (fire water heals 200 or 250 hp), it’s that using them isn’t as instinctive or quick as normal hp pots .

Or, we make all wines explode like a rock candy and do 100 straight damage 4 tiles around you (no reoccurring explosions per wine. 1 wine = 1 explosion)

If more than one is used before the effect wears off.

Alright, based on overall request, I’ve balanced the item a bit. Hope it seems better!

Would be cool if the item lasted a bit longer (let’s say a minute or so) but gave less noticeable buffs, more geared towards damage. BUT, if you used it more and more, def would decrease, but speed and att would increase (char speed, not attack speed).

Massive healing and berserk in a bottle seems way too OP. Also why would it drop outside of the Wine Cellar?

Sort of how an inc drops. Also, I like the idea that the enemies like to get drunk sometimes c:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.