New Cyborg Class

image This is the base skin

The Class would use a new laser weapon. It would shoot a continuous beam that would damage enemies in ticks, with the fire rate increasing with dexterity and tier. For example at ten dex a tier 0 laser would hit 2.36 times every second, and then the tier one laser at 50 dex would hit 5.8 times every second with the laser sprite continuously shooting but the hits directly correlating with your dexterity. (See dexterity algorithm here, https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/character-stats)

image A sample laser

Each tier of laser would increase fire rate by 1% after tier 0 all the way up to tier 13 (100, 101, 102ā€¦ 113). Untier items would have different fire rates. The range of lasers is 4.00 meaning that is is a bit longer than a sword, but not too far that it is deemed ā€˜brokenā€™ because of itā€™s high defense. For damage as tier 13 laser would have an average damage of 220 (200-240). All lasers can pierce one enemy but then projectiles stop after that just like the thousand shot bow. Compare to the warrior with an acclaim it does pretty good considering it pierces one enemy and has a range of 4.

image Sample Ability

The Ability that this class uses is the computer chip. The tiered abilities would grant a healing and berserk buff which would coincide with the laserā€™s theme of increased rate of fire. The ability would give a small def and speed buff which increases up the tiers starting with 1 and 1 at tier 1 and ending at 4 and 4 at tier 6. Tier 6 ability mp cost would be 110.

One UT ability is called incognito mode. This grants the user invisibility for 1.25 seconds as well as speedy buff for 3 seconds with a 4 second cooldown. This allows for you to be invisible, but even though it is a small amount of time, yoy get a speed buff to make the most of it.

Another UT ability is called cheat codes. This gives the user invincibility for 1 second and armored for 2 seconds and a hp buff of 125 for 3 seconds, but has a cooldown of 5.5 seconds. This allows for a very tanky playstyle for a short period of time, with a period where you are vulnerable for a lengthy 2.5 seconds.

The class would use heavy armor.

This classā€™ max stats are as follows: 710 hp, 252 mp, 25 defense, 60 attack, 55 dexterity, 40 speed, 75 vitality, and 75 wisdom.

Criticism is greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

I really like this idea, a new class wont hurt! :smiley:

good idea, but wouldnt you need to just round the ā€œhit 5.8 times every secondā€ to 6 since you cant shoot .8 times.

I was just following the formula in the link i provided.

stupid

this doesnā€™t really fit with the rotmg ā€œthemeā€

Mp cost of abilities? Cooldown? Max stats? Used weapons and armor? Perhaps you could complete it further. I like the theme you have going on, but so far it just feels like a wand user with the piercing laser thing. Not bad, but depending on the equipments, could be not so unique/balanced

Used weapon is the laser and armor is heavy. Coll down is there but i forgot the mp cost.

Does this mean that it has infinite projectile speed? If so, I agree that

because youā€™re not really shooting anything, you just aim at an enemy and suddenly itā€™s damaged. Also, coding it would be different than every other weapon.

If it does not have infinite projectile speed, does that mean it has infinite firing rate? Some serious work needs to be done.

because rotmg still has a roleplaying game theme

Neat idea, but the horns on the skin makes it look like the oryx knight skin and the taser looks very similar to the ut wand

Iā€™d rather not another type of weapon only used by one class.
Ability is too similar to warrā€™s, considering that it gives berserk.

the .8 has something to do with bullet travel time and the total amount of dps, Use the dps calculator and you will see.

Iā€™m not sure sci-fi stuff would fit well in rotmg. This is why I donā€™t like some of the enemies in the mad lab, they just donā€™t fit in correctly.

Thatā€™s like saying you canā€™t drive 50.5 miles per hour.

Just make it hit 58 times in 10 seconds.

Just make the time between shots be 0.0001 seconds, or small enough that itā€™s not noticeable to the human eye.

well the point is a laser is supposed to be instant, cause it travels at light speed, right? If it has projectile speed and firing rate, then what if you move your mouse randomly all over the screen? Does that mean it behaves like a tshot, or is it a straight beam? A beam would allow the

mechanic to work, but I donā€™t think that realm was ever supposed to be like that.

Okay, I think I see your concern.

Remember that the like button always exists.

Itā€™s a bit strange that a post saying they like the idea has more likes than the actual idea.

I enjoy the idea. However, not sure if we need a new weapon :smiley:

8/10 for idea and unqiueness. Not really worth pursuing until they make another katana class