New Debuff Idea

Debuffs. We all hate them, but they help add threat to enemies, especially with how tanky every player is starting to become now, with better items and pets.
I have an idea for a new debuff that will always keep players on their toes.

Disarmed.
Basically, it takes away all stat bonuses you get from your ring and armor, but does nothing else. Let’s say your armor gives +10 Def and +2 Dex, and your ring gives +40 HP. If you get Disarmed, you will no longer have those bonuses. It will negate all bonuses from your armor and ring. This would really help balance out some classes in some situations, because players would really have to dodge to stay safe.

–The only real problem I’m seeing with this is if you are already at a lower health than your armor/ring applies, then getting affected by that debuff will kill you. -(let’s say you have 100 HP and your ring gives 120 HP. Getting disarmed will immediately kill your player)- [I don’t know how to strikethrough][This information is false]–

I’m going to keep the above paragraph but I’m going to revise it down here. I’m only keeping the original in case I mess something up on the revision. Before I do this, thanks for the criticism. If I thought this idea was perfect, I would be telling this to DECA, not the forums.

If you get disarmed and you are at a lower health than your ring applies, it won’t subtract the amount of HP or MP that your armor/ring gives, it will just prevent you from healing up to that much. For example, let’s say your base HP is 600 and your ring gives 100 HP (you’d then have full HP be at 700). If you have 500 health and you get disarmed, it won’t subtract 100 health and bring you to 400, it will just prevent you from healing above 600 HP. Sorry to cause confusion with this.

That’s not how hp rings work

I think that what he’s saying is that if you have a character with 500 HP and a ring that gives +120 HP (620 overall) and there is a shot that Disarms with 510 damage, you will die.

That’s one strong shot then.

I think we can do even worse.

http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Panic

Thats quite an interesting idea. It would make life harder for 0/8 players , and for your “problem” about low health, reducing HP would reduce the max amount of HP you have, not current. I wonder what this would be like with sets, as they have pretty bad rings… should it also stop the set bonus happening?

what if you have 100 HP with + 120 HP from para HP. while in gland you got damage so your HP is left with 50, and you got disarmed. does it still reducing HP? or?

Why does it still give you stat buffs from your weapon and ability item?

I think that this is a pretty good idea, but should take the place of Armor Broken, since it is pretty much just a version of Armor Broken, just more severe. We can keep the Armor Broken for Ogmur, since it would be overpowered if it made them Disarmed. All enemies that would Armor Break you would Disarm you instead.

Nah, it’s not the same thing.

With Disarmed you would at least keep the Def bonuses from Weapons, Abilities and Full Set, as well as all the Def pots you drank and any Def-boosting temporary effect (Tinctures/Effusions, Armored from Prot or Jugg).

What if it don’t do dmg but the effect still applies?

yeah @Four said it already …
If you equiped a hp ring on 100 hp ull get +120 = total of 220 if your ring gets disabled = 100 hp

Actually it’s supposed to balance out 8/8 players. If you are an 8/8 knight with a divine pet (one that’s fused correctly), chances are you won’t die anytime soon. Lots of players like this can just tank shots without worry, because even if they start getting hurt, their pet will still heal them back up to full. Adding the Disarmed debuff will make it so they still have to dodge.

However, if a new player that is 0/8 and doesn’t really have good gear gets disarmed, it won’t make too much of a difference because his gear isn’t that good anyway. It’s supposed to be more costly the better a character you have.

I did not mean it in that way. I didn’t mean that your max health is 100, I meant something more like you have a max health of 220 with the ring bonus, but you get injured down to 100 HP. Getting disarmed then will kill you. I still may be incorrect though.

I’ve been thinking about that. I feel that the Loot Chests should shoot disarming shots that deal no damage in a wide radius before being vulnerable, so everyone has a better and more equal chance at loot, so you won’t need to use an Attack or Dexterity ring on the chest.

This is literally an armor break that applies to all your bonuses. I’d make it to where it takes away all stats except def to not make this a clone.

disarmed sounds more like losing your weapon. the ring KINDA makes sense. but the armor eh.

Armor break just reduces your defense to 0. This just negates all stat bonuses your armor and ring provide. You still keep your normal stats and bonuses from your weapon/ability.

Someone else already said something like this, I’d suggest reading the other replies before replying yourself in case of asking an already asked and answered question (like this).

How about I change the name to Disarmored?
Disringed?

Sorry, I was just skimming through forums. My bad :stuck_out_tongue: